The Chase Begins PART 2

Chapter 4 - The Chase Begins
PART 2

气和

Rachael slowly opened her eyes, squinting as the hot sun shone down on their campsite. After a few moments she sat up and stretched, yawning softly. "What time is it?" She asked herself then looked at her digital watch on her wrist. 9:00am.

That's strange. Usually, Kiara would've woken me up hours ago. She thought to herself. Then she heard the sound of whimpering and looked over to see Sofia standing behind her. "What's the matter?"

Sofia turned around and walked towards Kiara's sleeping bag. Rachael stood up, dusted herself off and followed the FireFox. When she got to the sleeping bag she noticed that it was empty. "Uh-oh. Where'd she go?!" Rachael exclaimed, looking around. Kiara wouldn't leave her without telling where she was going. "No, no, no, no." She ran towards Jin, who was still sleeping on Kevin's massive tail.

"Jin, wake up! Kiara's gone!" Rachael shouted, shaking the young airbender. She was slowly beginning to panic.

Jin turned over trying to block her out. "Five more minutes." He mumbled and started snoring again.

Rachael rolled her eyes. "Jin, wake up! We have to find her!" Still no response. "Ok, fine." She said and walked over to her sleeping bag to get her water pouch. Walking back over to him, she uncapped the pouch and dumped the water onto Jin's head.

Immediately, Jin sat up, shaking his head. "Ahh!" He wiped the water out of his eyes and looked up at Rachael. "What was that for?!"

"Get up! Kiara isn't here!" Rachael shouted frantically, pulling on his arm.

Jin sighed and forced himself to sit up. "Don't worry. I'm sure she's fine." He walked over to Kiara's sleeping bag was and placed his hand on it. "Hmm, it's cold. She hasn't been here for awhile."

"See. Something must've happened to her." Rachael said, pacing back and forth.

Then they heard barking and turned to the forest. Sofia stood there, tail waging, and barking. "She wants us to follow her." Jin said standing up from his crouching position. "Let's go. Kevin, stay here and watch the camp."

"You too, Chuchi." Rachael said to her IceFox. "Stay with Kevin. Be good." She and Jin ran off to follow Sofia, leaving the massive sky bison and IceFox behind.
• • • •
Maya walked through a long hallway towards the Admiral's office. A few minutes earlier Hei came to her and told her that Admiral Chan wanted to see her immediately. She would be lying if she said she wasn't nervous. When she reached the end of the hall she stopped at the large double doors into his office. Taking a deep breath she opened the door and stepped inside.

The Admiral looked up from the reports on his desk and smiled.

The room was medium sized and had three large windows at the back overlooking the forest outside the huge base.

"Ah, Maya, it is good to see you. I trust that the Avatar has kept out of trouble."

Maya nodded. "Yes, sir, she hasn't been any trouble." Well... she's been causing trouble for me.

"Very good. Now, let's get to the point. I want you to interrogate the Avatar, find out anything about her with any means necessary." Admiral Chan said, picking up a datapad and handed it to Maya.

Maya hesitated for a brief moment but took the slim datapad. "Um, sir, if you don't mind me asking, why me?"

Chan nodded. "Because, you and the Avatar seem to be about the same age, so maybe you could get through to her easier. Plus, I feel you're more qualified for this since you are the one that subdued her." He picked up a small stack of papers. "Also, from what your profile says you are an excellent interrogator."