Spirits

Chapter 5 - Spirits

气和

"Do you even know where we are?" Rachael asked Jin as they flew above the clouds on Kevin.

Jin scratched his head. "Uhh, sure. I... think. Maybe." He said, looking over his map again.

Kiara made her way to him. "Give me that!" She said, snatching the map away. After looking over it for a minute she turned back to him. "Are you sure? Cause it looks to me like we're flying away from the Northern Air Temple." She held the map up to show him.

"Ohh, we were here. And now were heading South." He said, looking at his compass for directions. "Oops."

Kiara groaned and slumped backwards onto her back. "Remind me again why we let you steer?"

"Uh, cause this is my bison?"

"Correction. Kevin's all of our bison." Rachael argued, petting the massive beasts side. Kevin let out a loud, satisfied groan. "See, he knows it. We should just take turns driving."

"Ugh, fine. We need to find somewhere to land. We've been flying for two straight days and I don't know about you two, but I'm starving." Jin said, looking below them. "And I think I found somewhere." He pointed below to a large island.

"Alright, let's go." Kiara said nodding in agreement.

Kevin landed with a soft thud on the small sandy beach. In front of them was the wide, clear blue ocean and behind them was a forest with a stone path going through it.

"Anyone know where we are?" Rachael asked as she jumped off the bison's saddle.

"Uhh, no, no I don't." Jin said looking around. "But, I think I saw a pretty big town nearby."

"Well, I guess we head into town a bit. See if we can get some food and supplies." Kiara said and started walking down the path.

"Sofia, Chuchi, stay here with Kevin and guard our stuff." Jin told the two foxes and followed after his friends.

The three of them walked into the rather large town and stopped at the stone, arch entrance, looking around at the busy activity.

The wide path held homes and shops made of stones and bricks and had steeply pitched thatched roofs to prevent the accumulation of snow. In the very front, where they stood now, was a tall statue of a woman wielding two Earth Kingdom folding fans. Most of the powerful looking women's face was painted white, with the area around her eyes a deep red.

"Wow, who do you think that is?" Rachael said as they stood in front of the towering statue.

Kiara stood rooted in place, staring into the wooden women's eyes, not listening to anything her sister was saying. Kyoshi. A voice in the back of her head whispered, but it was so low she could barely hear it. Kyoshi.

"Kiara? Kiara?" Rachael said, waving her hand in front of the firebenders face. "Kiara?!" She shouted louder.

Kiara closed her eyes and shook her head, snapping out of her trance. "Huh, what?" She asked, turning to Rachael and Jin who were looking at her funny. "What? What'd I do?"

Rachael shook her head and shrugged. "You zoned out staring at this inanimate object."

Jin nodded in agreement. "It was kinda creepy and weird. So, do you know who this is?"

Kiara looked back up at the statue. "I-I'm not... I'm not sure. But, it feels like I know her somehow."

Jin and Rachael just stared at her for a moment.