The Chase Begins PART 1

Chapter 3 - The Chase Begins
PART 1

气和

Admiral Chan Ro stood in front of a Republic Forces Commander. All around them, in Granite City Park, the grass was slightly charred from fire and the ground was raised in some area, indicating Earthbending being used. "So, you had the Avatar, but allowed her to escape?" Chan asked the Commander.

"Uh, she had help, sir. A young waterbender girl and a airbender boy." The Commander said nervously.

"And which way did they go?" Chan asked, annoyed.

"We're... not sure, sir. They flew away on a giant flying bison. They could be anywhere by now." The Commander answered, rubbing the back of his head.

"Get out of my sight, Commander." Chan ordered, turning away from him.

The Commander saluted, turned on his heel, and walked away.

"Get me a cruiser. We're going hunting." Chan said to one of his men.

• • • •

Kiara, Rachael, and Jin flew through the clear blue skies on Kevin. Kiara laid in the back, asleep, Rachael sat next to her, brushing her hair and humming to herself. Jin steered the bison from the very front.

After a while, Jin got really bored. "Sooo. Does Kiara always sleep?" He asked Rachael, turning his head to her.

Rachael shrugged. "Sometimes, but not as much as she does now." She said, still brushing her shoulder length black hair.

Jin was about to say something else, but stopped when he noticed a clearing below. "I've found us somewhere to land." He said, pulling on Kevin's reins. They descended to the ground and landed gently. Which is surprising considering how massive the beast is.

"Kiara, time to get up!" Rachael shouted in her sister's ear.

"Ahh!" Kiara screamed jumping up. "Why scream in my ear?!" She asked, glaring at Rachael.

Rachael ignored her comment. "We've landed, Avatar." She said, jumping off of Kevin.

Kiara mumbled under her breath about 'annoying little sisters' as she got her backpack and jumped off the beast. "Come on, Sofia." She said to her FireFox who stretched and followed her.

"Okay, Kiara, it's been five days since we started airbending training and you've almost got the basics down." Jin said as Kiara walked over to him. "So, we're gonna spar." He said smiling.

"What?!" Kiara said then shook her head. "No, no, no, no, I just started airbending."

"Which is why this is the perfect time to see where you're at and what we need to work on." Jin said, getting into a stance. "Let's begin and no firebending."

Kiara sighed, but got into her stance anyway. "Let's get this over with."

Jin smiled and quickly swung his staff in front of him, sending a powerful, crescent-shaped wave of compressed air.

Kiara crossed her arms in front of her face as the air slammed into her, sending her flying onto her back. Quickly she jumped to her feet and punched her fist towards her opponent, throwing small, compressed blasts of air.

Jin stepped to the side, avoiding the small burst of air. He formed a very small compression of air under his feet and used it to launch himself into the air. He twirled his staff above his head to stay up there, then kicked his feet at the Avatar numerous times, sending small air blasts at her.