Reunion

Chapter 7 - Reunion

气和

"I hate walkiiiiiing!"

Kiara sighed and glared at her sister. "Rachael if you complain again I will burn your tongue off."

"Kevin's sick, he can't fly too much." Jin said, patting the bison's side as he walked beside them. Just by looking at the massive beasts face you could tell he wasn't feeling very well at all.

Rachael sighed. "I know, I know. Sorry, buddy." She pets the bison. "We need to find a city or town to get him better."

"Do we know where we are at least?" Kiara asked Jin, who had the maps.

"Hmmm... We left the mountains a week ago... Now we're in Bridger Forest heading north." He rolled up his map and put them away. "I heard about some fighting going on around here."

"You could've mention that before we headed into this Agni-forsaken forest." Rachael muttered, looking at the trees and brush surrounding them on all sides.

• • • • •

"I have a visual, Madam. Three people are walking through on Delta road." A man dressed in the dark red and black military armor of the Fire Nation said to his superior. The rank indicator on his chest identified him as a Sergeant with three right-to-left slashes.

"Then they are trespassing on military grounds." A women, probably in her late 20's, said coolly. She also wore the red and black armor of her country, but the rank glyph on her chest indicated that she was a Battalion Commander, two dots, stacked vertically. "Take them in. If they cause problems, take them out."

The Sergeant nodded and saluted. "Yes, Ma'am."

• • • • •

"How come we have to walk but Chuchi and Sofia get to stay in Kevin's saddle?"

Kiara looked at Jin then up at the Fire and Ice Foxes who were sleeping. "They don't weigh that much I guess. Kevin isn't complaining so I guess he doesn't mind."

Rachael spoke up behind them, shaking her head. "That's just not fair."

Sofia, the FireFox, lifted her head suddenly and looked around, her ears twitching.

"What's wrong, girl?" Kiara asked, stopping.

The fox then started growling, standing up, her body facing the trees. Beside her, Chuchi did the same while Kevin groaned and shuffled his large feet in anticipation.

Suddenly, all around them, coming out of the trees and bushes were men and women dressed in red and black armor.

"Halt! You are on restricted grounds!" A man said, presumably their leader.

Jin immediately put his hands up. "Don't shoot! We surrender!"

Kiara frowned at the airbender. "You coward."

"You're all coming with us." The man signaled to his soldiers. "Search them."

A female moved over to Kiara, fist raised. "Spread your arms." She ordered, her tone brokering no arguments.

After scanning the faces of their captors, the Avatar quickly determined that fighting them off wasn't an option. She didn't know how many of them were actually here. Besides the nine surrounding her team, there could be many more elsewhere. On top of that, Kevin was in no condition to fly so they wouldn't get far anyway.

So, reluctantly, she did as she was ordered and spread out her arms.

Rachael saw that Kiara was complying and did the same, glaring at the woman who searched her, confiscating her two water skins. "She's a waterbender, Sergeant."