Content

After dinner everyone gathered in the living room. Clementine grinned as she wandered around the room, looking at pictures from Violet's childhood. There was one of little Violet petting a horse, giggling as it ate a sugar cube from her hand. Another one was of eleven year old Violet holding a brand new wand outside of Ollivander's, looking grumpy as she stood under the sign like someone had forced her to pose for the picture.

"You're so cute Vi, even when you're grumpy." Clementine smiled as she looked over them all. Violet steered a pouting Clementine away from the pictures and onto the couch. Time ticked on and Clementine found herself unable to stop the yawn from escaping her, head drooping onto Violet's shoulder. They had gotten up early to pack up for their trip and it was starting to catch up with her.

"Alright everyone! Time to clear out, we've gotta get off Clementine's bed so she can get some rest." Marissa said, getting up to collect a blanket and pillow for the brunette to use. Everyone cleared out of the room except for Violet. Marissa handed the pillow and blanket to Clementine, "Goodnight dear, get some good rest." She said before turning to Violet, "I expect you to sleep in your room tonight."

"Yes ma'am" Violet said, giving her mum a full body eye roll as Marissa left the room. Violet and Clementine walked to the bathroom to dress in their pajamas and get ready for bed. Violet suggested that they switch pj's back just for the break to avoid any comments or stares from her family, but Clementine refused, running into the bathroom with her Slytherin pajamas to change before Violet could trade. When both girls were dressed Violet stood in the living room with Clementine as she prepared her sleeping space. "Are you going to be alright, sleeping in here alone?"

"I'm not a baby Vi, I'll be fine." Clementine sighed, straightening out her blanket.

"I'm not saying you are, but Clem... you've been having a lot of nightmares lately. Screaming in your sleep, I can get you to calm down pretty fast but... you haven't slept alone since Marli used the imperius curse on you." Violet's eyes were filled with concern.

"I'll be fine," Clementine insisted, meeting her gaze, hugging her close and pecking her lips, "but thanks for caring."

"I'm just a staircase away if you need me, alright?" Violet looked at her seriously.

Clementine nodded, throwing herself onto the couch and adjusting the pillow behind her head.

"Goodnight." Violet said, leaning down and kissing Clementine one last time before going upstairs to her bedroom.

"Goodnight." Clementine called back, pulling up her blanket and closing her eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Clementine and Violet stood in Hogsmeade, it was eerily quiet. Clementine looked around reaching blindly for Violet's hand. "It's Christmas break, shouldn't their be more people out, shopping?"

"Maybe they wanted to give us some privacy?" A voice chuckled beside her. Clementine looked at the voice, it belonged to Minerva, who was now holding her hand in place of Violet. The brunette looked down at her hand. She jerked her hand out of Minerva's finding single chocolate resided within it. "Eat it." Minerva instructed.

"No... I don't trust you..." Clementine looked at it warily. She tried to throw it down but it remained.

"You can't get rid of it. You can only give it away." Another voice came from behind, a shiver  immediately ran down her spine at the sound of it.

"What does it do?" Clementine asked, spinning around to face Marlowe.

"Here, give it to Duck." Minerva said, pushing the healthy, very much alive, looking boy out in front of her.