Chapter 12

"Hiccup... Valka..." Fishlegs no longer had his welding mask, a couple knifes and an open chest filled with rolled pieces of parchment scattered at his feet.

"Fishlegs.." Heather walked over, his name snapping him out of his daze as the two picked up everything he dropped. I heard Hiccup sigh as he took a seat. 

"This is what I didn't want to deal with when we would finally meet you guys," he took off his helmet to run his hands through his hair almost irritated, "Why did you call him Thor?" he turned to me. 

"Thor, well Thor Bonecrusher, is his alter ego that Dagur accidently created when we had him hypnotized to figure out why he was sneezing so much around Meatlug, turns out it was just the new wax he had been using on his saddle," I shrugged, "We call him that around people who could potentially go to Berk and tell them where he is."

He nodded another sigh escaping his lips, "Hey Fishlegs" his smile was tight and I noticed that he looked worn from stress. 

"H-hey Hiccup," he stuttered, "So, um, wh-where have you been?"

"Living in a giant dragons nest past Glacier Island." I blurted out the tension in the air gradually scraping me apart, "Sorry" I winced noticing Hiccups look.

"Dragon Sanctuary, to be precise," Hiccup never looked away, his gaze locked on me, "We think he might have another Bewilderbeast that he wants to use to challenge ours." 

"What's a Bewilderbeast?" Heather asked confused.

"The King of all dragons.." I couldn't tear my gaze away from Hiccups no matter how badly I wanted to, his mind was working, the gears behind his eyes calculating, and I feared he had finally figured out who I really was. 

"No way.. Is there really such a dragon? I mean the dragon eye clearly mentioned one but we never found it or at least never saw it. This is so cool! That could be my next dragon card-"

"Fishlegs!" I interrupted finally able to tear the gaze between me and Hiccup, "We don't have time for your rambling right now, what's in the chest?" 

"Huh, oh right sorry, these are all the notes I've taken from previous council meetings and old reports sent from Eret, Viggo and Heather from when she was undercover as Viggo's ally back when he was still a Hunter-" I gave him a look to keep him from rambling again, "I figured I would bring them along with us to the council meeting and see if there's anything useful that we missed or just looked over."

"Okay, uh, yeah bring them. Do you know how Eret is doing with the Berkians?" I sighed feeling the pressure returning. 

"He actually seems to be doing surprisingly well, of course Gobber is still a bit of struggle since all he's known is killing dragons but they seem like their ready-" just then Eret came running in.

"Don't hold your breath Fishlegs, those twins just took off and their two friends went after them and we have no idea where they're headed. Viggo's following them now."

"But if they run into any trappers that could blow his cover. Fishlegs I need you and Eret to make sure everything is in order here and don't forget to bring everything we'll need for the meeting, Heather and I will go after them." I ordered out frustrated. By the time I had reached Stormfly Heather had already taken off in the direction Eret pointed, but just as I was about to climb on a hand gripped my wrist pulling me back. 

"What do you think you're doing Winter? You're still injured!" Hiccup hissed at me receiving the infamous 'Hofferson glare' once again.

"I'm going to make sure I don't lose anymore dragons to trappers because some twins decided to do what they do best and you can't stop me, this is my island and those are my dragons. Not even you can stop me Hiccup, so don't even try it." I growled back, "Stormfly let's go." climbing onto her saddle we took off. When we found them they were at the old dragon nest Barf and Belch trapped with a net over their heads and chains pulling them towards the hunter ship below them. Looking around I found that Viggo was no where in sight the twins sitting behind Snotlout, Hookfang pulling harshly on the chain that had wrapped itself around his left leg. "Heather! Where are the others!?" I inquired as we both did what we could to free the two dragons after noticing that Gobber was also missing. 

"The blacksmith was knocked out, Viggo took him and Grump towards Caldera. I've been trying to get Barf and Belch free but with Hookfang now caught I'm struggling on my own." she replied. 

"Alright, you take care of Hookfang, I'll get Barf and Belch." nodding to each other we split up Stormfly headed for the ship blasting where the chains attached to the zippleback were attached to the ship, once their one leg was free I called to Stormfly as I traveled down to her tail, "Spin shot girl!!" as ordered she spun swinging me towards Barf and Belch before going back to freeing them from the chains. Landing on their back I swung my axe down on the net before throwing it off. Checking on Heather and the others we finally retreated leaving the ship too broken to be setting sail anytime soon.