46 ❀ Head over freaking heels

Magsimula sa umpisa

    "I'm a lycan, Klepto. I can live forever and still look like this. I hit maturity when I was just 26, and that's when I stopped aging." He shrugs as if it's the most normal thing, but I can't help but feel a little weird that my mate is almost twice as old as my Dad.

     Yeah. Weird.

     "Thank the Goddess you don't look 93, or I would dump you." Ezra bursts out laughing, hugging his chest. A wicked grin breaks out on my face, I love it when I'm the one to make him laugh. It makes everything feel right.

     "So. Where do we start?" I ask the enormous lycan warrior sitting next to me. His laughter abruptly cuts off and his expression grows pleading.

     Little does he know, I am not backing down from this at all. No way.

     "Alright, well, you start with seatbelts." He says, and I'm quick to reach for the belt, snapping it in place and eagerly looking to Ezra for the next step. He nods, then motions to the rectangular mirror at the top of the windshield.

     "Check your mirrors, adjust them so you have a good view of the road." I groan, wanting to bang my head against a wall. Why can't we just get to the good stuff already? Like actually get this baby moving?

     "There's literally no other cars here, why do I need to see the freaking road?" I ask impatiently, blowing a strand of hair from my eyes.

     "Do you want to learn how to drive, or not?"

     I sigh, clenching my teeth roughly.

     "I want to learn how to drive." I grouch.

     He leans back in his seat, his expression and mood softening a smidge. He grabs the handle on the ceiling, a handle he refers to as the "Oh, shit" handle.

     "Alright then, now you want to make sure the car is in drive." I look down at the gear shift thingy, little letters lining the side. I get a frantic jolt when I realize I don't know what any of those letters mean.

     "So, the car is in park right now, ok? See the P?" He asks gently, patiently, and his sweetness makes me guilty for putting him through all of this.

     I nod, watching him point out the gears and what they mean.

     "R is for reverse, you use that to go backwards. N is for neutral, and you won't need that yet, so don't worry about it. D is drive, and L is for low gear, which you also don't need to worry about yet, or ever, unless you actually want to get a license and all that stuff." He explains and I furrow my eyebrows over at him, brushing my hand over the gear shift.

     "Do you have a license?" I question, and Ezra's smile is easy, amused.

     "Of course. The Guard supplies them, government issue. I had one before that though, before I joined. It's normal for lycans and werewolves to drive, despite what you've experienced." I rolls my eyes, slapping him on his very muscular arm.

     "Yeah, tell me about it. I'm learning more and more what I've missed out on." I grumble. Man, I hate that stupid Alpha Green. If he wasn't hiding out in the pack house while King Veiler's here, I would give him a piece of my mind.

     "Don't stress, you have years to catch up, and I'll help you." He rubs at his arm, pretending my attack hurt him which I know is impossible, "But, we'll start with driving. Go ahead and put your foot on the brake, it's the big petal."

     I push away the urge to squeal. This is actually happening!

     My converse covered foot pushes down on the brake, all the while I'm sporting a childish grin.