4: Knocking On His Mind

Start from the beginning

When I scowled just before I heard someone snickering in the back, "Do you see their faces?!"

"Would you be quiet? They maybe amateur trash but they still have ears. They'll hear you!" I immediately recognized that voice, belonging to that girl who called me out the other day. She was telling her little group of "friends" to pipe down so we wouldn't suspect them. They must have done this. I only silently glared at them, because our friends came in the room before I could do or say anything else.

"Thanks for the help buddy!" Otoya says casually to an unknown black and silver haired boy who had come in the room with the rest of them.

"We really appreciate it~" Tomo tells him.

"Oh no problem~!" The boy says just before everyone spots the board.

"What the~!" Otoya shouts before basically throwing the books he was carrying at Masato, who was coming in from behind him. "Hold these!" Tomo did the same to Natsuki, only gentler. Both ran to the board and erased the comments off the board just before Ringo-sensei came in.

"Alright everyone settle down and take your seats please! You two stop writing on my board~" After quickly finishing Otoya and Tomo joined the class and sat down but not before telling the two of us to ignore the situation. "Okay! Today something special is about to occur! It seems that the A Class and the S class are going to temporarily join up!" That made warning bells start to chime in my head.

'Why do I already have a bad feeling about this?' I thought. It didn't help me feel anymore calm when Ringo started to stare the class down.

"We are to be combining classes in order to put on a successful winter concert and play! That's right, it's a musical! One of William Shakespeare's most famous plays, Romeo and Juliet! So, for those of you who don't know Shakespeare, I suggest you study up quickly!" Ringo-sensei starts to speak seriously, "But do well to remember although Romeo and Juliet is a story of romance, it does not change the fact that our school still emphasizes the "No dating the opposite sex" rule. That will not change, so you need to control yourself if you fall in love with someone here. I'm serious boys and girls, if anyone of you is caught showing love and/or affection to another student of the opposite sex, you'll be expelled on the spot! Understood!?"

"Hai!" The entire class shouts.

"Okay then, now that my points been made, you'll be able to see what role in the play you'll be getting by the end of the day. It'll be posted around dinnertime on the school bulletin board in the main hall. Class dismissed!"

_______________________

"Haruka, you do fortune telling?" Tomo asks as she and I stand by and watch her read a student's fortune.

"Only a little. It's tarot reading. I find fortunes similar to making a song." She says smiling.

"Heh, what a thing to compare it to." I deadpan quietly.

"Just like there are many readings to a card that I am barely able to read, I chose the best one that suits the feelings of the one I'm conveying to."

"It's what people do to make it happen is the real answer of there readings. right?" Haruka nods, "Not bad, it's very interesting."

"That's why I need to do my best to make an answer. Perhaps my way's a little bit selfish...but..."

"A singer's feelings don't come from thinking of the sound, it comes from the heart. Am I right?" A boy came over to us standing near Tomo.

"Ah yes! I want to make a song like that! That's why the power for this is able to help me." Haruka tells us.

"You have a good heart."