Dave Williams.

Vanessa's Rapist.

The stupid school talent show.

Why does everything have to freaking happen at once?

Being at school is an actual living nightmare. Everywhere I go, everyone is talking about Tony Stark's secret daughter. It's even on the freaking school announcements.

I keep my hood up and my head down as I make my way through the many bodies, trying to get to my damn locker to drop my stuff off before heading to lunch. My heartbeat gets faster as the talk of me--or Tony Stark's secret daughter--fills my ears.

I tense up, so much to the point where I actually jump and get into a fighting stance when someone taps my back.

"Whoa! Easy there, (Y/n)!" Peter says, raising his hands in surrender. "Didn't mean to startle you."

I lower my arms and laugh awkwardly. "Sorry, Peter."

"You okay?" He asks, lifting up his eyebrows. "You seem tense."

"Tense?" I repeat. "I'm not tense. Why would I be tense? I have nothing to be tense about."

Peter presses his lips together and raises his eyebrows again. "No offence, (Y/n), but you're a terrible liar."

"I think you'd be surprised."

"Seriously, (Y/n), what's going on?" He asks, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"It's nothing, really."

He leans down to my head level. "I hope you know I don't believe you for a second," he says with a soft smile.

I smile back. "It's honestly not that big of a deal. It's nothing you can fix, anyway."

"What's going on? Is it something with your dad?" He asks, his eyebrows furrowing and becoming more concerned.

I shrug, "you could say that." I look up into his concerned brown eyes and correct myself. "We didn't get into another fight, if that's what you're wondering. Things have just been...stressful at home lately. That's all."

"What's going on?" He asks. When I don't answer, he grows more concerned. "(Y/n), what's wrong?"

"I-I can't...I can't tell you," I look up at him hesitantly.

He leans back with a surprised and hurt expression on his face. "...Oh."

"It's not that I don't want to tell you!" I rush to explain. "I do want to tell you. I really do. I just...I-I can't..."

He rubs the back of his neck. "It's okay, (Y/n). I get it. There are some things that I really want to tell you too. But I understand that sometimes...you just can't."

I nod, looking away, only to see my father's face displayed on a T.V. with the caption 'Tony Stark has a secret daughter?' underneath. I look away.

"It's pretty crazy, huh." Ned says, walking up to Peter and I. Betty, MJ, and Haz are with him too. "Tony Stark having a secret daughter, I mean."