"Nothing!" I said too quickly.

"Did we go too far?" Daniel was confused. 

So was I.

"I don't think so," it didn't sound very reassuring. 

"If I did something wrong, you have to tell me." It would be easy if he had done something wrong. I stared into those brown eyes. One thing I knew was that I could absolutely not tell him about the random thought of Erik. Honestly, it was a mood killer -- for both of us. I didn't want to think about Erik while making out with Daniel. 

He was supposed to be my distraction. 

"It's not you," he cut me off.

"If you say, "it's not you, it's me," I swear." He was laughing.

"I wasn't going to say that." I playfully hit him on the shoulder. He kissed my nose. "We've never talked about stuff like that." I hinted.

His face shifted. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" Neither of us wanted to actually say it. It was awkward.

"Yes, I think I do. I want to know what exactly this is and if we're going to be that couple that goes there." Okay, I was starting to confuse myself.

He laughed.

"I'm not sure what you mean by all of that, but I would like to have sex with you, Cornelia. If and when you're ready." He brazenly answered back. Hearing him say he wanted to sleep with me, made my stomach flutter. It made me excited to think about. It's one thing to assume someone wants you and another to hear it out loud.

He wasn't pressuring me.

It was an enticing thought. I looked him up and down. 

"I have some questions first," as I said this he propped himself up on his elbow. His bicep flexed. 

"Sure, I'm an open book." He flashes me a smile.

"With you being Cursed, what does that mean for sex?" There were so many questions I had about him being Cursed. He didn't talk about it a lot, but he had said he was an open book. 

"Uh, I don't understand your question." He chuckled.

"Like," I tripped over my own words.

"Obviously, Cursed Ones can get people pregnant, if that's what you're getting at." He continued to laugh. He might be laughing, but I was genuinely curious. I was silent. "Wait, are you asking me if I bite, during sex?" Slowly, I nodded. 

It had been the one thing stopping me from going all the way with Daniel. I was dead set against being bitten. My vision of the future had warned me of what could happen. 

"Corn, I would never do something like that. I-I--

"I don't want to be bitten. I know we haven't talked about it before and I was afraid to say something. I didn't want to offend you or anything." I blurt out. 

There are a million emotions rushing between the two of us.

"I wish you would have told me before, I could have eased your worries. You know I drink blood bags, I don't bite people." The way he said it, was like he was trying to convince both of us. I bit my lip. "I'm not saying I haven't thought about it, I'll admit that. Your blood calls to me and I don't think that will ever change. But I would never just bite you," he hugs me. I let him. 

I do believe him. 

"I knew it was silly, but I had to say it. I know you would never hurt me." As I said it, I realized we both had hurt each other already. I had this bad feeling we had been hurting each other for years and lives. It's like that dream (at least, I thought it was a dream at the time) when I first met Daniel. It had been some time in the 1800s at a ball. I had known the girl was me and the guy was Daniel, despite our appearances looking differently.