Prologue

Jaune was running through the forest, his arm and leg bleeding, but he ignored the pain as he kept running away from something. A loud howling came from nowhere, signaling to Jaune that a Grimm had found him. A Beowolf picked up Jaune's scent, drawn to the negative feelings of fear emanating from him. As he continued running, exhaustion set in, and he lost some of his blood. Eventually, he found a tree to lean against, readying his sword to defend himself, or at least fight until the last moment.

The Beowolf closed in, driven by the scent of fear, with Jaune preparing for the inevitable confrontation. Breathing heavily, he knew he needed to survive, but the reality of his blood loss and injuries from defending the village against the Grimm invasion weighed heavily on him.

As his life seemed to reach its end, memories flooded back. He recalled how his fellow students at Beacon Academy had neglected him when Cardin exposed his fake transcript. Only Weiss had defended him against the threats from other students. Then came the call from his disapproving father, disowning him and dishonoring the family's reputation and ancestors. Overwhelmed by sadness, Jaune fled Beacon Academy to avoid further trouble, stumbling upon a village under Grimm attack. Despite managing to kill some Grimm, a Beowulf attacked from behind, causing him to bleed.

Surveying the scene, Jaune saw that everyone had managed to escape the invasion. He had succeeded in giving them time to flee, but now the Grimms targeted him. Abandoning his shield, he fled into the forest, using his sword as a last resort.

In the midst of recalling his past, a Beowolf confronted him. Jaune raised his sword with his one good arm, facing the Grimm with a brave expression.

Jaune: Come on. Show me what you got, you ugly Grimm...

He challenged the Grimm. The Beowolf lunged at him. Just before the attack landed, a portal appeared out of nowhere, sucking Jaune in and leaving his sword on the ground. The portal vanished as the Beowolf missed its target. It stood up, searching for Jaune's scent, but it was nowhere to be found. Disappointed, the Grimm left, heading in another direction to find other prey to kill.

...

On Earth, a group of GDI rifleman squads, Predator tanks, Guardian APCs, Zone troopers, and a commando wanders around the outskirts of Australia to find and take down the remaining forces of NOD or the Scrin. They notice green Tiberium scattered around the soil and avoid touching it, aware that contact could be lethal. As they look around for enemy forces, they spot something in the distance. A commando looks at his comrade and says,

GDI Commando: Hey! Do you see that?

A rifleman retrieves his binoculars and observes in the distance. Through the binoculars, he sees what appears to be a portal.

Rifleman 1: Sir! Portal, up ahead.

Rifleman 2: Must be Scrin reinforcement?

Zone Trooper 1: I don't know, but if it is, we'll take them down.

They ready their weapons, anticipating a possible encounter with Scrin forces emerging from the portal. However, instead of Scrin forces, a blonde teenage boy emerges from the portal and disappears into existence. The rifleman looks again and sees the boy lying on the ground.

Rifleman 1: Sir! It's not a Scrin. It's a boy.

Rifleman 2: A boy?

Rifleman 3: What the hell?

Zone Trooper 1: What?

They are surprised that a boy has just appeared from a portal out of nowhere. A commando uses his jetpack to fly to the boy's location. Upon reaching him, he walks over and finds the boy injured on the ground. He checks the boy's pulse to determine if he's still alive. His forces gather around, and the commando says,

GDI Commando: He's still alive, but his injuries are critical. We have to take him to our base.

GDI Forces: Yes, sir!

Two riflemen carry him to the Guardian APC, and they head back to the base to take him to a medical center for treatment.