"I don't know," Diego's hands fell to her waist as he too looked outside. The music had come to an abrupt stop, leaving the two in a strange silence. Diego quickly pressed a kiss to the side of her head. "Let's see what's going on. We can make out later." 

Sabrina rolled her eyes as he tugged her out into the main hall and towards the exit that lead into the courtyard. 

"Stay in here," he instructed as he kicked the doors open. Sabrina didn't listen, quickly following him with Vanya on her tail. She was met with a strange blue mass that warbled with unearthly energy. The hair on the back of her neck stood up and her breathing began to quicken.  "Whoa."

"What is it?" Vanya yelled from where she stood beside Sabrina. The latter stepped in front of her without thinking, the sensation of fear and the need to protect flowing through her. 

"Don't get too close!" Allison called as she ran out, her hand reaching for Luther's large shoulder. 

"Yeah, no shit!" Diego yelled back, his arm outstretched so that Sabrina didn't get any closer. He knew telling her to stay behind was a stupid move, but it was worth a try. Her eyes were watering as the wind howled around her and four members of the Hargreeves family, but she couldn't stop herself from staring at the large cloud that had formed in the courtyard. 

"Looks like some sort of temporal anomaly," Luther piped up, squinting as he tried to find a logical solution. "Either that or a miniature black hole. One of the two."

"Pretty big difference, Paul Bunyan," Diego shouted, still managing to find a way to insult Number One. 

"Out of the Way!" Klaus' voice entered the scene, and Sabrina stumbled a little as she was shoved into Diego. The tall man had burst through the group with a fire extinguisher, confidently trying to spray the weird swarm away. Unsurprisingly, it didn't work, so he tried to throw the red object at the source of danger.

"What's that gonna do?" Allison shot at him, and Klaus threw his arms in the air. 

"I don't know! Do you have a better idea?" 

A crackle of electricity made Sabrina jump forward and grab Klaus' upper arm, though she was in turn picked up by Diego and pulled behind him once more. 

"I vote for running!" Klaus yelled, gripping Sabrina's right hand like his life depended on it. She looked up once more and leaned forward a little to get a better look. It was almost as if there was someone on the other side of the gigantic ball of matter; an old man. It was like he was falling through, and then he did.

A small figure collapsed onto the ground, and the thundering sound began to fade. Sabrina watched as the siblings approached the man, and she hung behind hesitantly, still feeling some residual danger in the air. 

"Does anyone else see little Number Five, or is it just me?" Klaus muttered, which sparked Sabrina's interest. Wasn't Five the kid in the painting above the fireplace?

She poked her head over her friend's shoulder to see the same boy, but he was in a baggy suit and had a frustrated expression on his face. 

"Shit."

★☆

Sabrina was curled up on the couch in the sitting room part of the kitchen area, while the Hargreeves were gather around the large table in the centre. She held an empty cup of hot cocoa in her hands, her eyelids falling every now and again. Too much excitement had happened in one day, and to put it frankly, she didn't think she'd care if another person fell from a bright blue portal in the middle of sky. She'd seen it all now.

"That makes no sense," Luther had muttered at one point, and the boy, who was actually an old man (it confused her to no end), had scoffed in response. 

"Well, it would if you were smarter."

She had stopped listening after that, feeling like a bit of a gatecrasher. She sniffled a little as she got comfortable, falling into a light nap so that she didn't have to awkwardly listen in on a family conversation. Maybe it was a good thing that she could fall asleep anywhere, she'd always seen it as a flaw.

She didn't know how long it had been when Diego placed his hand on her knee, gently shaking her awake. Her eyes fluttered open and she exhaled lightly, looking up at his soft expression. "Did you seriously take a nap?"

Sabrina smiled tiredly as he dropped next to her. She shifted so that she was leaning on his warm chest, feeling herself drift in and out of consciousness. Diego wrapped his arm around her shoulders and rested his chin atop her head, allowing her to settle. She yawned, reaching for his hand. "Diego?"

"Mm-hm?"

"When you asked to kiss me earlier, did you mean it?" she asked, and he chuckled, his chest vibrating a little. He squeezed her hand in response. 

"Yeah, I did," he admitted. "I've been meaning to ask for a while now. I just haven't really found the right time."

"Gotcha," Sabrina's lips curving upwards in a smile. "Well, when the next right time comes along..."

"You got it, baby," he responded, his voice laced in pure amusement. He then went quiet, holding her tight. "Dad's service is soon. I think it's gonna rain again."

"Are you sure your family's okay with me being there?" Sabrina stared at the wall across from them, her mind wandering to the strange, dysfunctional group that was dispersed around the large mansion. "I can go home if you guys don't want me to intrude."

"Don't worry about them," Diego assured her. "You're fine. I think they're all just a little surprised that I've found somebody who wants to be around me for more than five minutes."

Sabrina laughed, moving so that she could look at him. She lifted her free hand and placed it on his cheek. His stubble scratched at her palm, but she didn't mind. He closed his eyes momentarily, and she rested her forehead against his. She didn't know why she felt at such peace around him. He exuded such chaotic energy around others, but he put her at ease. It seemed she did the same to him. 

"It feels like the right time," Diego muttered, and Sabrina smirked, before closing the gap between them. Diego's left hand lifted to cup her face as he accepted the kiss, moving a little closer so that he could completely lose himself to her. Sabrina inhaled through her nose as she tried not to laugh as his fingers brushed under a ticklish spot under her ear. Diego pulled away and grinned at her. "What?"

"Nothing," she grinned, pressing another kiss to his slightly chapped lips.

"Am I a bad kisser?" his eyes widened a little bit. She shook her head quickly, and he furrowed his brows deeply. "Am I?"

"No, you're not," she chuckled, amused at his concern. "You just tickled me accidentally. Don't worry yourself, big guy."

Diego's frown then turned into a smirk, and he scoffed. "You seen Luther? He's a big guy."

Sabrina rolled her eyes, leaning back against the couch cushion. "He's nice, though. I dunno what your problem is."

Diego sat up quickly. "My problem?"

Sabrina laughed, patting his chest. "I'm kidding, Diego. He's fine."

"He's Number One," Diego said sourly, and Sabrina hummed softly. 

"Well, you're my Number One, if that makes any difference at all."

★☆

hmm not proud of this one at all

i hate writing alongside film/tv cause i have no idea how to write it and make it interesting?? ugh fml