26.

TWENTY-SIX; DO YOU HAVE A JOB?

SABRINA STEPPED OUT OF THE PRECINCT AT THE END OF HER SHIFT, SHIVERING A LITTLE AS SHE PULLED HER COAT ON. The autumn breeze tangled her hair and made her teeth chatter, but she didn't really mind. She had come to like almost every kind of weather besides humidity. 

The clocktower in the city square chimed twice, which was convenient because Sabrina didn't have a watch. She looked up and down the street, before thinking to herself that perhaps it was a good idea to take a stroll. So, she stopped at her apartment, picked up Gary the dog and started a long, hearty walk through the town. 

Her feet hit the pavement rhythmically as she walked through the business district, her mind wandering in several different directions. 

It seemed as if she finally had a quiet moment to herself. 

"Sabrina?" 

Never mind. She looked up at the sound of someone calling her name, and recognised the face of Luther Hargreeves poking out the window of a plumbing van. She stopped, softly tugging at Gary's leash so he didn't keep walking. "Oh, hello Luther."

The overgrown man went to respond but was interrupted by the shop alarm of the corner store blaring angrily. Klaus ran out with arms full of random goods, a gigantic smile on his face. When he saw Sabrina, he screamed and threw everything towards her. "Brie, catch!"

Sabrina's eyes widened as various items flew through the air, and she dove forward, catching only one or two. Her and Klaus made eye contact and began to giggle, and she watched as he fell to the floor to embrace Gary. "What're you doing around here, Klaus?"

"Hello, small man. How are you?" Klaus cooed towards the dog, peppering kisses across the furry forehead. He then squinted up at his friend. "I'm with them."

"Hey!" the security guard from the corner store stomped towards them, and Sabrina pursed her lips. "You gotta pay for those or I'm calling the cops!" 

The woman didn't have to ask if Klaus had any money, because he almost definitely didn't, so she reached into her back pocket and pulled out a twenty dollar bill, handing it over. "There you go pal, have a good one."

The security guard huffed, and with a final glare, turned on his heel and stalked back to the shop. 

"Sabrina," Luther grunted as he pulled himself out of the red van he and Five were sitting in. He struggled a little, and ended up a little red in the face when he managed to get his feet on he ground. He looked up at the brunette woman, who had helped Klaus gather all of his crap. "It's good to see you again."

Sabrina forced a smile. "You too, I guess. Don't any of you guys have jobs?"

"Well, I was on the moon-" Luther began but trailed off, averting his gaze to the ground. "Listen, uh, Diego trusts you, right?"