04

since that day, hinata has been visiting (y/n) during lunch hours to accompany her as she continued with her painting. they would talk about random things, but it was mostly just hinata rambling and (y/n) listening with the occasional hum or nod in response. hinata doesn't mind her silence, though, as he understood that she needed to focus on the painting.

today, hinata sat beside (y/n) as usual, munching on a snack he had brought. as he ate the delicious snack, he noticed that something was off about the girl. her usually calm aura was now tense, her eyebrows were furrowed slightly, her facial expression not as relaxed as before, and her grip on the brush seemed to be tightening by the minute. hinata could even see her grit her teeth from time to time.

placing his snack on a nearby table, he tilted his head and moved his chair closer to (y/n)'s. "h-hey, (l/n)-chan. what's up? you seem pretty mad." he asked, concern in his voice.

(y/n) sighed and lowered her arm, turning to look at hinata. "it's nothing. just some seniors saying some stuff about me," she said, shrugging. she then raised her arm again and continued to paint. "don't worry, though. it happens often."

hinata's eyes widened. "that just makes me worry even more!" he exclaimed, causing (y/n) to flinch. seeing that, hinata's voice softened. "do you know their names? we should tell someone." he said, leaning closer to (y/n), causing her to blush.

she shook her head. "it's fine. telling someone would only make everything worse, trust me." she sighed, dipping her brush in more paint.

hinata pouted but complied, going back to relaxing in his chair. he grabbed his snack and continued to eat it, quietly observing (y/n) as she painted.

hinata silently hoped that (y/n) was his soulmate, because that would make falling in love with her less complicated. yes, he admits that he has fallen in love with the girl, although he had just met her for a few days or so. he loves her passion about art, her silky (h/l) (h/c) hair, the way she talks. just everything about her made him fall in love even more.

hinata always felt bad whenever he looked at his soulmate's drawings on his arm. he felt like he had betrayed them because he had fallen in love with someone else. he still hasn't said that to them yet, because he knows he doesn't have the strength to hurt someone like that.

he stole a quick glance at (y/n)'s arm, hoping to find the same drawing that he has on his arm, but once again the girl was wearing a sweater that covered her arm up until her wrist. sighing, he continued to munch on his snack.

"the painting's almost done," (y/n) said suddenly, causing hinata to jump slightly in his chair. "i just need to figure out what to name it." she continued as she added more details to some parts.

hinata pursed his lips and hummed, helping her think of a name. his eyes scanned over the painting, admiring every detail (y/n) had put into it. it was a forest, but instead of having green as a dominant color of the scenery, it was purple. there were mushrooms on some parts, and the sun peeked through the many leaves. in the middle of the scenery was a lone white rabbit, nipping on it's paw. the whole painting gave him a dream-like sort of feel.

"wonderland...?" hinata mumbled, catching the attention of (y/n). noticing that the girl had turned towards him, he blushed. "i-it just gave me a 'wonderland'-y type of feel, y-y'know!" he explained, looking away.

much to his surprise, (y/n)'s face lit up instead of showing any expression of being weirded out. she turned to her now finished painting with a grin. "that's perfect, sho-chan!" she said excitedly, putting her hands on her hips after wiping the excess paint on a towel she had brought.

hinata's face reddened even more at the nickname. "s-sho-chan?" he squeaked, still flustered.

(y/n) giggled at his reaction before moving her attention from her painting to hinata. "yeah. i hope you don't mind the nickname, it sounded cute." she grinned. "you can call me by my first name. it's fine!"

and with that, hinata was almost sure his heart burst due to it beating inhumanly fast.

__________
sorry for the wait! i had finals this week. they're done, so now i can update more!