three

brandi awakes with a groan, a pounding headache welcoming  her

brandi awakes with a groan, a pounding headache welcoming her. she vaguely recalls the events of last night, "mom!" she calls out in hope. when no screech is returned, her shoulders slump. "figures."

looking to her night stand, brandi gulps down the water bottle left by luna. "no note, huh?" it was basically a tradition for luna to leave a bottle of advil with a note simply saying, "lightweight" next to it after a night out partying.

all of a sudden, her phone buzzes in her pocket. she reads a message from grizz telling her to get to the bridge and fast. brandi hurries out of bed, quickly brushes her teeth and grabs her mother's car keys from the kitchen.

once on the bridge, she spots grizz, luna, harry, cassandra and more. "what the fuck is going on?" luna questions once she's out the car and notices the forest completely blocking every way out of west ham.

"who the fuck called her?" campbell smirks, pointing to the curly haired girl.

"do you have a fucking problem with me being here, campbell?" the two were always going at it. the girl couldn't stand the sight of this guy who only cared about himself.

"alright, enough. she has every right to be here, campbell." cassandra says, knowing about the beef the two have with each other.

"what are our options?" gordie asks the small group.

"maybe we're dreaming. that's the only option." allie retorts. "one hell of a dream, al." luna says from beside kelly, referring to her nickname for the blonde. allie only shrugs.

"maybe this is just some elaborate fucking game. like, someone built an exact replica of our town and just put it in the middle of nowhere, and if we just walk, this way or that way then eventually we'll get back to the real world." the group all stare in silence at harry's theory. "i'm not saying it makes any sense."

cassandra leans against the bridge, "there was a smell, and then it went away, and it came back, and the buses came for us."

"you just gonna work this out, cassandra? like some logic problem. i mean, not a flicker of a doubt?"

"the world doesn't just turn upside down without a reason. we're not in some play within a play. clever is not the same thing as true. there is a point to everything, there are answers."

after agreeing to grizz's search party in the woods, harry leans off his car. "i'm leaving. i'm hungry."

"you're leaving?" allie stands up from her spot.

"yeah, i got a house with a refrigerator with food inside of it, and i'm gonna go eat it."

"you can't just leave." cassandra intercepts.

"well what are we suppose to do instead?" after no one answers, cassandra does, "we have to figure out what is happening to us."

"you're not student council president anymore." brandi rolls her eyes at his childish behavior. "god, you really, really need to get over that."