two

"hey, so who decided that we needed a flash mob?" luna snorts from beside grizz

"i did." cassandra calls out causing the group to focus on her. "what the fuck, cassandra?"

"better than 200 people sending texts." luna couldn't help but agree with her statement. the plethora of messages she received after realizing her parents were gone only worsened her mood. "has anyone been able to reach anyone?"

a chorus of "no" goes around the group of teenagers. brandi stuffs her hands inside her sweaters pockets. what the fuck was going on?

"well, there's definitely a simple explanation."

"like what?" brandi questions the blonde who tends to take charge in every situation. cassandra's eyes flicker to the 5'10 athlete beside her and stutters out, "um, they-they were evacuated. after we left. and there was a miscommunication and we were brought back here by mistake."

luna couldn't accept that, her parents would never do something like this. kelly seems to agree as she says, "someone would still answer a phone."

"maybe they're asleep. i don't know, maybe there's some place with no reception. they're in a shelter with no reception or something..." cassandra trails off before giving everyone advice to just sleep their situation off and they'll figure it out once everyone is awake.

not even 30 minutes later, the teenagers decided that the best way to distract themselves was to throw a party. and so, the church filled with hundreds of students, dancing and drinking tons of alcohol. the floor sticky with drinks never making it to their mouths.

"c'mon luna!" allie pulls the short girl to her feet handing her a red solo cup filled with god knows what. luna chuckles at the drunk girl and allows herself to get pulled into the crowd.

"i don't understand how you're not drunk right now. you're like wonder woman or something!" the blonde exclaims in her face. luna shakes her head and laughs.

"or i'm just surrounded by light-weights." it was true, it only took an extremely large amount of alcohol before the girl could actually feel something while her ex was the complete opposite. three drinks in and brandi is completely wasted, never been one to be able to hold her liquor. this was one thing luna finally got to tease her about, but was the downfall of their relationship.

"speaking of light weights." allie nods her head over to brandi who was downing another shot, the football jocks cheering her on. luna rolls her eyes and turns back to the blonde. "i cannot believe she would do that to you! that's so fucked up of her." the blonde slurs.

this causes the short girl to wince, "let's not talk about my shitty love life. let's talk about yours." luna points over to will, a curly haired foster kid, who was sitting on one of the pews of the church.

allie gasps and laughs, a spur of confidence overtaking her. "i'll go talk to him if you go talk to someone."

"no, i think i'm good." allie pouts but soon runs over to will. luna chuckles, takes a sip of her drink and looks around. her eyes land on emily, who turns away as soon as they make eye contact.

luna grinds her teeth together and glares at the back of the girl's head as she talks with luke.

her sight is soon blocked by a very drunk brandi. "hey, don't look at her." luna's glare transfers to the girl in front of her. "you know it didn't mean anything."

"no i don't fucking know that, brandi." she seethes. brandi pouts at her ex. the same pout that had her wrapped around the other's finger.

"i promise, she meant nothing to me." the athlete hiccups, "i was drunk."

"just like you are now, huh." luna puts her cup down and begins to walk out the church, ready to head home. she no longer cared about the darkness, she just wanted to be at home.

"no!" brandi exclaims, she tries to follow the smaller girl but ends up tripping on the leg of the pew. "luna...i even moaned your name, not hers." she trails off as if this was suppose to make her feel better.

luna cringes, stops in her tracks and looks back at the girl on the floor. luna was always the one to take a drunk brandi back to her house safely. "fuck."

she kneels down beside her and drapes brandi's arm over her shoulder. they stand up together, brandi ends up slouching from the significant height difference.

brandi laughs at the girl as she guides her out of the church in the direction of her house. "you're so tiny, honey."

"don't call me that." luna grumbles at the pet name brandi often called her.

luckily for luna, brandi didn't live as far as she did. only two short blocks away from the church.

brandi shuts her mouth at her rude tone. they walk in silence, only making noise when brandi steps on her feet causing them to sway.

when they finally make it to her house, luna sets her down on her bed. "when are you going to stop punishing me?" brandi mutters.

"i'm not punishing you, brandi. you did this to yourself." luna says, subconsciously taking off the girls shoes and pulling back the covers for her to get inside. by now this was a routine, she was just following it.

"i really fucked up didn't i?" brandi slurs. luna doesn't answer, she only turns to exit, but before she can, a hand reaches out to her wrist. "please, lay with me. i've missed you so much. i miss when you would sing me to sleep."

luna's heart clenches at her pleading tone, but the image of her kissing emily causes her to pull her wrist out of the grasp. "no, brandi. i'm going home."

"at least stay over. it's really dark out. i don't want anything to happen to you." brandi turns to her side and yawns before instantly falling asleep.

luna sighs before glancing around the athlete's room. brandi's room was basic, never being one to add much design. the only thing that stood out was the large bulletin board she had pinned above her bed that was littered with photos of them together and her friends.

deciding it was best to stay, she rummages through brandi's closet and finds her small stash of clothes she kept here. luna was meant to get it all back but they haven't exactly been speaking to each other.

after taking one last look at the sleeping girl, she exits the room and falls asleep in the guest bedroom.