Twenty Seven

Mulai dari awal

"Great." She said again. "Most of our advance classes require at least a fourth grade level. You said you were interested in cooking, music and dance?"

"Yeah, I guess." He shrugged again, feigning disinterest, but his ears were alert and directed intently at their guide. Taehyung hid a smile.

"Wonderful. We have a great cooking program run by a real chef on Tuesdays and Thursdays; music is Wednesday and Thursday. No need to worry though, the Thursday classes don't clash. Music is in the morning. Cooking is in the afternoon. And Dance is Friday and Saturday mornings. Although that's one of our more informal classes held in our hybrid focussed gym. One of the only three in the Busan area." She said proudly. "You'll have access to at any time should you wish to join our happy little hybrid family." She beamed a toothpaste smile and Taehyung smiled quietly back. Jeongguk of course, only shrugged again, his eyes wondering around with condescending interest only teenagers can muster.

"Perhaps we could meet some of the teachers?" Taehyung suggested politely and Soojin nodded, her ponytail bobbing pertly.

"Absolutely, follow me. It's quite lucky you came on a Thursday. We have both teachers here. And I'll check with the gym, but I'm fairly sure our dance instructor is here as well. He doubles as a PT." She informed them happily.

"Very lucky." Taehyung agreed, his lips quirking at her adorable enthusiasm. Seeing his expression, Jeongguk's own darkened and he made a point of linking their hands together, not taking his eyes of the bubbly Soojin, who either didn't notice, or wasn't bothered.

The chef was a short, rather serious looking woman, with a short, serious haircut. Her chef's jacket was pristine white and the apron tied at her waist was a navy blue that also bore the insignia of the centre.

"This is Chef Yi. Chef Yi, meet Jeongguk. He's thinking of joining us." Soojin introduced them. "And this is his carer, Mr Kim." Taehyung appreciated that she hadn't referred to him as Guk's owner.

"Jeongguk. Mr Kim." The stern looking woman greeted them in a husky, smoker's voice, giving them a respectful nod.

"Chef." Taehyung nodded back, while Jeongguk crowded a little closer to him, looking wary, his nose and ears twitching suspiciously.

Taehyung noticed and gave an apologetic smile. "Guk can be a little stand offish when he first meets people."

The older woman took in Jeongguk's reaction and suddenly broke into a boisterous laugh. "Ah, little one doesn't like my spices!" She declared, making Jeongguk bristle with indignation. Then she turned to Taehyung in confidence. "They're so sensitive, hybrids." She tapped her nose. "Their sinus doesn't like when I fry off spices, irritates their delicate passages. That's why I do it well before classes. Good deterrent if you don't want them snooping where they shouldn't." She gave him a wink.

"Good to know." Taehyung said neutrally, aware of the prickly hybrid beside him. 

They chatted idly as they took a tour of the teaching kitchen. There were six long metal topped benches that faced a white board and another metal bench. To the back were two industrial ovens, a cold room and a dish washing area.

"So we teach your hybrid basic kitchen hygiene and a seasonal menu, including vegetarian options. Your rabbit would probably enjoy it. They do better on a vegetarian diet you know." Yi said knowledgeably. If Jeongguk's mutinous expression was anything to go by, the hybrid didn't agree. Or perhaps it was the fact that she'd called him rabbit.

"His hybridologist assured me that his current diet is quite healthy. Human's are omnivores after all." He smiled to take the sting from his words, but he felt Jeongguk relax a little and gave his hand a reassuring squeeze.