Chapter 4

I landed behind Gwen, "Boo," I said, tickling her sides, she jumped and turned around, "You scared me," She said, lightly hitting my chest, I laughed, rubbing my chest in mock pain, "Sorry, I couldn't help it." I said, she crossed her arms and turned her back toward me, I wrapped my arms around her and rested my chin on her shoulder, "Let me make it up to you " I said, she didn't look at me, "I'll buy the ice cream," I said, "Any flavor I want?" She asked, glancing at me. "Any flavor, and you can have as many scoops as your pretty little self desires," I said, she smiled, she turned around in my arms and wrapped her arms around my neck, "Fine, I forgive you." She said, leaning up and kissing me softly. I smiled against her lips, "Come on," I pulled away, she nodded, I pulled away and walked inside, Gwen smiled and looked at all the different flavors of ice cream. Finally she settled for a cookie dough ice cream with two scoops, "So, there was this guy at the bank and he called himself 'Shocker'," I said, sitting down in one of the booths, Gwen sat across from me, "Shocker? Are you serious?" She asked, laughing lightly, I smiled, taking a bite of my Superman flavor ice cream, "It's better then Spider-Man." I said, she laughed, causing my heart to skip a beat, "No its not," She said between laughs, "I saw Dr. Connors today," I said after her laughs died down, "Where?" She asked, raising a brow and taking a bite of her nearly melted ice cream. "The Police Department, Louis got into a fight and as I was going to get him, I saw him sitting in a cell," I said, staring at my ice cream bowl, "Did he say anything?" She asked quietly. I went to answer but a loud explosion silenced me, we turned our heads and saw a guy in a blue and black suit walked out of a jewelry store, "I got to go," I said, standing up, she sighed, not looking at me. "Be careful," She whispered, I ran out and changed behind the ice cream shop and swung toward the criminal. "Hey!" I landed on a light pole, the guy turned toward me, water forming around his hands, "Who are you? Waterboy?" I asked, smirking behind the mask, the guy growled, shooting the water toward me, I sighed, jumping up and dodging the water with ease. "Is that the best you got?" I asked, webbing a trash can lid and throwing it toward him, the guy stopped it with his water, he spun around and threw it back at me with lightning speed, my eyes widen, I jumped up but the lid hit my legs, causing me to spin in the air and I landed on my stomach with a thud. I groaned, I didn't have time to react before I felt water wrap around my head and fill my mask, I took a quick deep breath and closed my mouth, he lifted me up and my arms clawed at the water, trying to pull it away from my head, my vision started to get blurry, "Good bye.." His words trailed off when something hit him, causing him to drop me. I fall to the ground, gasping for air, I look up and saw Louis fighting the water guy, I tried to get up and call out but I didn't have time to do it before the blackness took over me.