22 | i think i have a crush on you

- CRUSH
part twenty two ꙳

- CRUSHpart twenty two  ꙳

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

in the large, mansion like house, luna sat in the living room with colby behind her and the rest of his roommates on her left. on the screen in front of them was an old fashioned version of mario cart playing, and currently, she was winning.

colby shouted her name and pumped his fist as she jerked the controller to the right, trying to keep her character on par with the track as the rest of them piled up behind her. she bit down on the carrot stick in her mouth and shot her hands up in victory as the car passed the race line and a big, gold number one flashed on the screen.

"yes!" luna cried, standing up do a small dance that colby joined her in, spinning them around the room.

she stuck her tongue out at jake who booed at them.

"you're just jealous, jakester." luna teased.

"so what if i am." he pouted. "colby, your girlfriend's being mean to me."

"luna, be nice." colby laughed.

"no." she whined. "it's too much fun."

the group laughed.

no one noticed when colby left the room, not even noticing when he came back until he spoke.

"uh, luna." colby scratched the back of his head. "there's someone outside for you."

the brunette looked up and scrunched her eyebrows together. "who?"

colby didn't say anything and so luna stood up and walked over to the front door. her eyes widened when she saw who was waiting for her. she walked cautiously onto the front porch, as lizzie gave her a sheepish smile. "hey."

"hi." luna responded carefully.

lizzie sighed. "i'm sorry."

luna crossed her arms. "for what? for being a jealous bitch, or for acting like colby getting arrested wasn't a big deal?"

lizzie winced. "i deserved that." she stepped forward. "look, i'm sorry, luna, i let my personal feelings get involved with something we agreed would just be for fun."

"yeah, you did." luna shook her head. "i love you liz, but we never agreed to be anything more than friends who screw around."

she nodded in agreement. "i know." she paused. "are you and colby together?"

luna sighed and slid down against the pillar. "no. but i really like him, and i wish i could tell my best friend that, but because of everything," she parted her lips and sighed. "i can't."

a hand slid over knee and squeezed. "you can."

"you're saying you won't go bashing me for caring about him?" luna scoffed.

"look." lizzie sighed. "these past few days have been shit,
and melanie keeps telling me to get my head out of my ass." she laughed. "figured i should listen to her."

"daniel told me the same thing last night. left him on read though."

"sounds like daniel."

"yeah."

a few seconds passed before lizzie blurted out something that surprised them both. "ask him out."

luna turned her head, her eyebrows shooting up in confusion. "really? you're okay with that?"

"not my life, it's yours. and if he makes you happy, then i should be supportive of that." she reached over and pulled luna into a hug. "i missed you."

"missed you more."

-

luna waved goodbye to lizzie and headed back into the house. everyone had departed into their own rooms except for colby who sat patiently on the couch, his thumbs fumbling together as he waited.

"you could've gone upstairs you know." luna chuckles, standing close enough that she could slide her hand through colby's hair. .

his head shot up and he muttered. "was worried about you."

"lizzie's harmless."

"that's not what i meant."

luna nods. she did know. "i need to go back, now that things with lizzie are smoothed over. can't hide out here forever." even if she'd like to.

he nods, understanding and follows her up the stairs into his room.

luna had kept her now dried and folded clothes from the day she came, in the corner of the room, shoved in a black pack with an x in the middle at the top. the one colby had given her.

she grabbed it.

colby didn't say much as she did so, just watched her quietly from the other side of the room.

"i like this place. maybe when you move out, the girls and i can move in." she teased, trying to break the silence.

"you don't want to do that. this house is a wreck." colby shook his head.

"it's not so bad."

"you should see it after a party."

luna laughed.

she moved to the where he stood by the door and tapped his shoulder. "you're gonna have to move so i can walk out, mr brock."

he bit lip and took a few seconds as if to consider something before his lips were pressing against hers.

luna gasped, her mouth opening against his as she dropped the bag she was holding onto the floor .her hands circled up around his neck and his snagged on luna's waist, drawing her closer.

she always figured he was a good kisser, but this definitely beat the expectations she had as they pulled away panting, red coating both sets of cheeks .

"that was nice."

colby quirked an eyebrow. "nice?"

"amazing. spectacular. i am so blown away right now i can't even talk."

"smart ass."

luna pushed herself onto her tippy toes to press another kiss to his mouth. "better?"

"much." he breathed, before. "hey, luna?"

"yeah." she responded softly, pulling down to face him.

"i think i have a crush on you."