Chapter 6 - My Secret Love

They had purposely built in three travel days to their trip abroad which allowed them to make good on their final decision in Germany. They came back to the condo and took the time to wash all their clothing and got up the next morning and drove across the river to Virginia and got married. They were able to make an appointment with a local attorney and completed new wills. Sonja asked a co-worker to witness their signatures swearing her to secrecy. They were still trying to figure out how to disclose their marriage to their supervisors, friends and the agencies. That would be another day they decided.

Chris was taking an early morning flight back to 'Nola on Monday. He had left his shaving kit in the bathroom. Sonja saw it sitting there and looked around the room to see if anything belonging to him was left out. As she went to zip the bag shut, she noticed that his leather cord necklace with his Saint Christopher's medal was hanging out the side. She removed the medallion and zipped the bag shut. "Hey Country Mouse. I'll set your shaving bag on your suit case and here is your medallion." Chris had a funny look on his face before he spoke. "This is from my past life Sonja with another woman. I'll put it away when I get back to New Orleans."

Sonja looked back at him with all the love she could muster. "No Christopher. If you ever take this off again, it needs to be because you want to not because you feel you have to. I know how much you loved Savannah and I know that this was her last gift to you." At those words he pulled her close and quietly wept. Her words that day only confirmed that he had made the right choice in choosing this woman as his mate. He took the cord from her and took his wedding ring off and placed it on the cord as well. Since they had decided not to disclose their marriage to anyone else except the assistant director he would not be wearing his ring in public.

The newlyweds soon learned every military air training route between D.C. and New Orleans. They were happy to discover that commercial flights also left those cities between 8 and 10 pm. to 'Nola making it perfect for Chris to commute back to New Orleans just in case he had to get back to 'Nola for a new case. While there were some weekends that their plans were dashed by a sudden case in New Orleans, there were many weekends when they were able to spend most of Saturday and Sunday together when Sonja was in country. While there was great joy in being able to make the plans, Chris was not always happy with the cold weather especially in Kokomo or Knob Noslee.

They finally decided to reveal their marriage at the team's Christmas meal in 'Nola. Tammy knew something was up with LaSalle, but he had managed to keep one step ahead of her in maintaining the secret. Just when she got close, Sonja drew an overseas mission or the team caught a case on a Thursday. She would catch him on the phone or computer screen only to have him quickly disconnect from the conversation. She could only conclude that there was a woman somewhere, but couldn't quite put her finger on it. In the end no one was more surprised or pleased when they walked through the door together that night.

Sonja only told her close team mates and supervisor. Others learned of her marriage when they saw the rings on her hand and asked. She was happy that the cat was finally out of the bag because now she could fly directly to Nola trusting that nothing would happen between 8 p.m. Friday and 6 a.m. Monday to take her husband away from her.

Chris was surprised to answer his desk phone one day to discover that Isler was on the other end. "Hello Agent LaSalle you can tell me that this is none of my business when I finish saying what I have to say but I ran into your wife last week and she pretended to be happy about her marriage to you. Well, I know she is happy but it was so obvious that she misses you."

I had a meeting with an associate at the Pentagon a couple of days after seeing her and he told me that he had a position at the Pentagon Force Protection Agency due to a retirement and wondered if I knew of anyone who could walk in to it and be ready with little training. They protect and safeguard designated Department of Defense personnel, resources, and facilities. Why don't you take a look and see if it appeals to you. Feel free to use my name as a reference."

Chris had to admit that he was intrigued with the opportunity. He had gained experience with NCIS working with the Coast Guard, FBI, DEA, ATF and other local law enforcement agencies. It documented his proven track record of being a 'team player' and the ability to work within a sometimes 'political' environment of several agencies working with a specific area of operation like the military district of Washington.

He relocated to D. C. a month after he got the job offer. He flew to England with Sonja on the first leg of a flight for her next assignment. They spent a week touring Wales and Scotland vowing to come back to London at a later date.

Sweet he thought at the end of his first week at work. The job was everything he could have wanted. His boss was laid back and then was recalled to active duty six months after Chris started his job.

He anxiously awaited the return of his wife. He checked his personal cell phone in the car at the end of the day several weeks later to see a message from his wife that she had put a nice bottle of Gosset Brut Excellence NV to chill while awaiting his return to the condo. It was like he was on a race track as he made his way through horrible D. C. traffic to get to his sexy wife. He didn't even bother with the wine as he took his wife's hand and headed for the bedroom.

He still didn't know how he got through the next two days that were left in his work week. Sonja texted him to ask what cut of meat he wanted for dinner. He was a little stunned when he walked in to a darkened front room. Sonja appeared from out of nowhere after turning on some music. Do you want to take a shower first or can I just put the food on the table she asked.

"I'm starved." He responded. "I had to go to the range and only ate half of the sandwich in my lunch."

Sonja had also picked up his favorite pie at the bakery around the corner. After they had eaten he went into the fridge and scraped off some of the whip cream into a small container then grabbed his wife's hand as he led her to the bedroom. He realized Saturday morning that while he missed his wife terribly bad when she was gone on missions that the reunion sex was mind blowing.

MisdirectedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara