Chapter 15

Coming back from Thanksgiving Break the only thing that was on the New Directions minds was preparing for Sectionals which was rapidly approaching. Sam and Quinn were hard at work on their duet before the competition. As they were rehearsing Quinn seemed to get frustrated with herself. "Hey...you're doing a great job, don't beat yourself up," Sam said encouragingly to Quinn. "As much as I appreciate you saying that to me, I just don't know if I was the right choice to sing at Sectionals," Quinn sighed. "What's with your sudden lack of confidence? I've never seen you like this before," Sam frowned as he wrapped his arm around Quinn's shoulder as she teared up. "Hey...you know you can tell me anything," Sam said as Quinn wiped her eyes. "I know...I just didn't want you to judge me," Quinn said. "I could never judge you," Sam said as Quinn took a deep breath. "It's just that Glee Club is one of the only good things I have in my life right now and if I'm the reason we lose it....I just don't think I could live with myself," Quinn said emotionally as Sam stroked her hair. "Listen to me...okay?" Sam said Quinn nodded tearfully "You're going to be amazing out there. Mr. Schue wouldn't have given you the solo if he didn't believe in you. Besides, I wouldn't want to perform with anyone else." Sam gave her a smile as Quinn wiped her eyes smiling back. "Thank you," she whispered. "Of course," Sam hugged her tightly as the announcer then said "And now, for our final performance of the program, McKinley High's, the New Directions!" The announcer said as the crowd cheered. Sam smiled at Quinn in adoration. "What?" She asked. "You look so beautiful," Sam told her as she caressed his cheek before getting in place as Sam walked out beginning to perform 'I've Had the Time of My Life' from Dirty Dancing.

"Now I've had the time of my life. No, I've never felt like this before. Yes, I swear, it's the truth and I owe it all to you," Sam sang as he motioned towards Quinn who walked out nervously as she began to sing her part. "Cause I've had the time of my life and I owe it all to you," Quinn sang as Sam beamed at her proud of her. "I've been waiting for so long. Now I've finally found someone to stand by me," Sam sang as he looked Quinn in the eyes as the two made their way towards the stage. "We saw the writing on the wall as we felt this magical fantasy," Quinn sang looking Sam in the eyes as they made their way towards each other. "Now with passion in our eyes. There's no way we could disguise it secretly. So we take each other's hand 'cause we seem to understand the urgency," Sam and Quinn harmonized. "Oh," Quinn sang. "Just remember," Sam sang as they got onstage. "You're the one thing," Quinn sang with the New Directions Girls as she made her way towards Sam. "I can't get enough of," Sam sang with the New Directions Boys as he made his way towards Quinn. "I can't get enough of," the New Directions repeated. "So I'll tell you something," Quinn sang with the New Directions girls as she rushed towards Sam. "This could be love," Quinn and Sam harmonized. "This could be love," the New Directions Repeated. "Because," Sam and Quinn sang. "I've had the time of my life," Sam and Quinn sang with the the New Directions as Brittany walked up and took over the dancing. "No, I've," Sam and Quinn sang. "Never felt this way before," Sam and Quinn sang with the New Directions. "Never felt this way," the New Directions repeated. "Yes, I swear, it's the truth," Sam and Quinn sang with the New Directions. "And I," Sam and Quinn sang. "Owe it all to you," Sam and Quinn sang with the New Directions as Sam and Brittany had a dance break where they did the iconic move from Dirty Dancing as the crowd cheered. "Now I've," Sam sang. "I've," Quinn sang approaching Sam. "Had the time of my life. No, I never felt this way before," Sam sang. "Never felt this way," Quinn sang. "Yes, I swear, it's the truth. And I owe it all to you," Sam sang smiling at Quinn. "Oh woah, woah, woah, woah, woah," the New Directions sang. "I've had," Quinn and Santana sang. "The time of my life," Quinn and Sam sang with the New Directions. "Of my life," Mercedes sang. "No, I've," Quinn and Sam sang. "Never felt this way before," Quinn and Sam sang with the New Directions. "Never felt this way," Santana repeated with the New Directions. "Yes, I swear," Quinn and Sam sang with the New Directions. "Yes, I swear," Mercedes repeated. "It's the truth," Quinn and Sam sang with the New Directions. "It's the truth," Mercedes repeated. "And I," Sam and Quinn sang. "Owe it all to you. Oh woah-oh-oh-woah," Sam and Quinn sang with the New Directions as the crowd went wild. Sam held Quinn tightly, they had done it.

They got back into place as Santana took over performing her solo of 'Valerie' which also seemed to get a strong reaction from the crowd. The New Directions then closed out with 'Empire State of Mind'. The crowd once again cheered as the New Directions anxiously awaited the results, hoping they had done enough to move on to Regionals.