Again

"Lance! You are such an idiot!" yelled Pidge, angry.

"Well sorry if I'm not as smart as you, nerd! If you would only tell me your plans, it would be way easier!" quickly replied the boy, focused.

Pidge glanced to her side, where Lance was sitting, defeated. She gently petted his head, a small grin on her face. "We'll get them this time. Don't be so defeated by a video game! How about we try a new technique?"

"I'd rather skip that cursed level."

"We both know we can't. Come on, we fetched money in a water fountain for this game, we need to finish it! And it's not like you to give up," the girl spoke, fidgeting with her remote.

Lance let out a groan before clicking on the play button once again. "You're only saying that because you need me to win."

Pidge's quiet laugh resonated in the room. "Lance, this is a game for two. No matter what, we make it a two-player game, no? I can only ever have this much fun with you as my partner anyways."

The boy shot a surprised face to his friend before quickly turning back to the screen. "Whatever, geek. Let's get this over with."

With a chuckle, Pidge also clicked start, officially activating the level. The both of them fought like there was no tomorrow (Lance even hit Pidge in the face with is remote trying to stay alive) and finally got through the level after two more tries. After that, the Cuban boy was exhausted and dramatically fell to the floor while the girl was sitting crisscrossed on the couch, used to keep her calm when playing.

"How can you be so still with so much action!" exclaimed Lance, like he always did after a gaming session.

"I told you. Moving you body resolves to nothing, only energy loss. You got to be thinking more than anything. I keep my brain in the game, my body is only there to push the buttons," she answered before getting up to close the whole system. "Now, how about we go see what the others are up to?"

"Sounds good."

They got up and out of their little gaming room and walked the empty white corridors to the community room. They surprisingly found Keith and Shiro talking to each other and drinking milkshakes. Hunk appeared a few seconds later holding three more milkshakes, as if he knew the two would show up. He gave them away, keeping want to himself, and they all sat on the hard couch.

"Where are Allura and Coran?" asked Pidge as the mice came running towards her to get a place on her laps. One climbed all the way to her neck to snuggle there.

"Who knows," baffled Keith, sipping his beverage. "They're probably off somewhere talking about some future mission of some kind."

"But we already have one planned!" exclaimed Hunk, not glad about the news. Keith shrugged and Shiro threw him a 'sorry' glance. Lance gave him a pat on the shoulder. "Let's just hope it will only be a visit to some planet to get them in the coalition.."

"We don't even know if they are actually planning something or not," remarked Pidge to reassure her friend. "Keith's answer to my question was only an hypothesis, nothing more."

Hunk looked at her with a grateful smile. Being a paladin of Voltron was nice, but avoiding battles too. Hunk was a pacifist and would prefer to talk things out. He was aware that I was impossible, the Galras were often the first to attack and the team would only protect themselves and the innocents, but he still couldn't get used to fighting so violently. It's like when Lance got in the healing pod. He got scared and regretted almost everything from back to earth. Now, he is learning to be grateful for small things, such as the advanced technology of the castle that saved his friend or the reassuring words of Pidge.

Meanwhile, Pidge was playing with the mice, careful not to wake the one napping on her shoulder. Lance looked at her softly. He thought it was kind of cute how the little animals liked her. They seemed at ease with Pidge, like they always knew her. It was funny, but mostly cute.

Yeah, definitely cute.

"Hey, Lance! You good, buddy?" Hunk called to him.

Lance jumped and quickly nodded before crossing his hands behind his head, his usual playful grin back on his face. He avoided looking at Pidge for now, confused by how distracted he got because of her. Keith dismissed his glass of milkshake violently by placing it down on the floor, surprising Lance once more.

"You're kind of jumpy today, Lance," remarked Shiro, earning a nod from Hunk. "Are you getting enough sleep?"

Lance could swear he felt Pidge tense up beside him at the mention of sleeping, but she was still lazily playing with the mice. The boy rapidly switched his attention to Shiro to answer his question.

"I'm good. Got things on my mind." he spoke, confident.

Hunk raised an unsatisfied brow at him, knowing there was something more, but decided to leave his friend alone as the answer seemed to please their leader. Silence fell in the room, sometimes disturbed by a mouse squeal or a sip from the milkshakes. After a while, Pidge got up.

"Well, it's not that I do not enjoy you guys' company, but I have places to be. I heard there was a close-by planet, inhabited. I'm going to check it out, maybe it has useful resources," suddenly said the girl, the mouse in her neck groaning for because she was disturbing its sleep. "It should not take long. Look, it's not that far."

Pidge slid her hand in her pocket taking out her phone to show a small interactive map of the space around them. She zoomed out, swiped left and pointed to a small greenish planet. "It's okay, right Shiro? Like I said, there isn't any known living creatures. It looks like there is a heck of a ton of vegetation though-"

"Watch you damn profanity" laughed Keith, and Lance glanced at the too familiar sentence.

"Oh shut up and let her enjoy her stuff" shout the blue paladin, glaring at Keith. Said boy simply shrugged and disposed of his empty glass.

"If you are telling me it's safe, I don't know why I would stop you from going," commented Shiro after the bittering, looking at the screen. "But, wouldn't it be better to be accompanied? How about Lance goes with you?"

Pidge frowned slightly, feeling like a baby that needed babysitting, before turning around to Lance. "Well, I don't mind company. What do you think, Lance?"

"Why... not?" hesitated Lance, unsure about what he just got into. Maybe he and Pidge will have some fun down there. Discover new stuff. Hang out a bit.

Or Pidge will just be a total nerd and ramble continuously about what she thinks of that planet. Yeah, that's more probable.

"That settles it then!" announced Pidge, clapping her hands. "Thanks again for the drink, Hunk," she swiftly turned to Lance, her bangs falling over her eyes. "See you in ten."

And with that, she and the mice vanished from the community room.