Chapter 23

Holy shit. I don't consider myself a particularly talkative person, but I don't think that I've ever been speechless like this in my entire life.

Wonho in a suit. I've made no secret of the fact that I think Wonho is hot. But when you take all that angelic beauty and you put it into a crisp, form-fitting, slick black suit. You get the perfect formula for me getting into my feelings.

With the dim light of the bathroom shining on him, his dark hair greased back in a timeless manner, he actually seems to be shining like an angel.

"You..." I breathe. I'm not even exactly sure how to finish that sentence. You should never have deprived me from seeing you in a suit for so long. You shouldn't deprive anyone on the face of the planet from seeing the sight that is you in a suit. Even if you are my man.

"I what?" Wonho asks, eyes amused in the slight light of the bathroom casting a shadow on his face, his eyebrow upraised.

Wait, wasn't I saying something?

"You look... different." I finish as nonchalantly as possible, quite a feat, considering the heart palpitations I'm currently experiencing.

Wonho doesn't seem to pick up on my obvious awe, thank god. He'd never let me live it down. He cocks his head to the side.

"Different, good different?" He seems worried. Which. Is. Crazy. Because oh my fucking god, he looks like the perfect model for that suit. He looks like the perfect model for what all men should look like period.

I open my mouth to think of a suitable response, but before I can, he sighs and drops his head.

"You're probably right. This is probably too much." he turns back to head towards the bathroom.

Wait? What? Does he really...? The whole situation is so funny to me that I have to laugh. He turns back to look at me, confused.

"Can you really not seeing the effect you're having on me?" I ask.

Wonho shakes his head, his eyes mystified. I laugh a little more. Pretty but stupid, I think again.

"Wonho, I'm literally so out of breath right now just looking at you. You look... God, I can't even."

Wonho smiles a little and leans closer. "You like?" He does a small turn. Which is unfair. Because his ass looks 100% better where I already thought that it was 100%.

"Wonho. I've literally never liked something more in my life." I try not to look in love, and fail. "You look... actually gorgeous."

Wonho and I both blush at my straightforwardness. You're both grown men, ye9t you both blush when giving or receiving compliments.

I surprise myself and him by giving him a hug. How did I get so lucky? But Minhyuk walks by the hallway and we spring apart.

He laughs and rolls his eyes as he looks at our faces. "Your canoodling is fine with me. Though Hyungwon. Shouldn't you be getting ready?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After unsuccessfully trying to calm my breathing, I exit the bathroom. I know I look fine, great even, but after seeing Wonho earlier, my self esteem has taken a big hit at his god-like splendor. It's becoming super obvious just how out of my league he is.

He's not there when I exit the bathroom. I breathe a sigh of relief and tiptoe to the nearest room where my suitcase is. Jewelry. That's definitely it. A little bling might help your case.

"What are you doing?" Shit. I jump up so quickly at Wonho's voice that I bump my head at the underside of the table that my suitcase is under.

"Hi, hello," I say, oh so suavely. Like I didn't just make a fool of myself like two seconds ago.

I stand up, still rubbing my head. "What did you say?"

"I asked what you're doing, but I'd like to change my question. What are you wearing?" His eyes widen as they rack my body, giving me shivers.

Fuck. I knew it, I knew it. I shouldn't have tried, because now -

"It looks great on you." Wonho finishes.

What? I look down at myself. Does he see something that I don't? I'm wearing a dress suit, not too dressy, but just dressy enough. I have a dark blue, low-cut triangle cutout top with a black dress coat on top that matches my dress pants. Instead of gelling all of my hair back since Wonho did it, I pulled it into a crisp comma with one side tucked behind my ear. It's nowhere near what Wonho looks like. So, what does he mean>

My disbelief must show on my face because Wonho rolls his eyes, and with big strides, walkes to me and pulls me against him, his arms tight across my back.

"Hyungwon, the fact that you can't tell how stunning you are right now is a disservice to yourself." He pulls back slightly to look at me and I avert my eyes in embarrassment. Stunning? He says you're stunning?

"I won't be able to take my eyes off of you," he whispers, putting his nose to mine.

I can feel myself softening.

"Promise me," Wonho says, pulling back again.

"Promise what?"

"Promise me that you won't doubt yourself when you're with me. I love you. Not your outfit or your hair or your jewelry, not that they don't look good on you. I love who you are, flaws and all."

Wonho pulls back to, I don't know, because he stops and looks at me, concern etched into his face.

"Are you.. crying?"

"No. I'm not crying -," But when I dabbed under my eyes I felt the moisture. When the fuck did I become such a crybaby, pussy mess? Since you met Wonho, stupid.

"I guess so," I reply, stuffing my face into his neck. I don't admit it, but his words moved me. I guess I just underestimated how much.

"So, don't you wanna say anything back?" Wonho says gently at my ear. His tone is sing-songy and he seems mug.

"Nope." I say with conviction. Only that I'm seriously in like with you. Or actually in love if you want to put real labels on it.

"Nothing?" He baits again, holding me tighter.

"Um." I know he wants me to say it now, but I don't want to yet. I know it's stupid, but it took a lot for me to admit to myself that I feel the way I do. I don't catch feelings easy and I for sure don't get crushes. So when I like someone, it's the real deal. And as immature as it sounds, I want to say it in a different context than this.

He sighs at my silence, and then starts to let go.

I pull him back, regretting. "Wait." I say. "Don't go." I try to fold myself back into his arms. "I like you, Wonho, okay? You don't need to worry about that."

He sighs again, this time in a 'what am I going to do with you' kind of way, and holds me again. 

wanderlust for love [2won / hyungwonho fanfic]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara