Chapter 17

I feel like I should have some PTSD type trauma after this trip with all the surprise attacks being thrown at me.

The way Wonho's looking at me, so expectant, his face practically shining, I want to stop everything and do what he wants me to.

But would it really be fair to tell him that I love him after a few days? Maybe I feel like I do, but don't really. It doesn't make sense.

Plus, this still doesn't explain the whole Stella situation. All of this is moot if he's in a relationship with someone else, especially a girl, even if he says that he can't bring himself to like girls.

"What..." I clear my throat. I sound so shocked, and for good reason. I struggle to modulate my voice. "What about Stella?"

The change of topic seems to confuse him, because his eyebrows draw in.

"Stella? What does she have to do with this?"

My good feelings are about to leave at his daftness. She literally has everything to do with this! Without her, this would have never happened!

"Well, you said you weren't into girls," I mumble. "But you're dating one."

I look up at Wonho, and his face just seems frozen.

I look back down. "I don't want to be anyone's dirty little secret..." I say even quieter.

I look up when I hear a wheezing noise, and see Wonho is laughing.

Why... why is he laughing now? Does he not get the seriousness of this situation, at least to me?

I try to wiggle out of his grip. How dare he laugh right now?

But he just tightens his grip and smiles at me.

"Hyungwon, Stella isn't my girlfriend."

"What?" I really thought... what other could she be if she's not your girlfriend? She was all over you and cared if you dated someone else... she didn't seem to like me very much either. This is literally all the main indicators of a jealous girlfriend/ex-girlfriend.

Wonho laughs again and shakes his head. "Stella's my cousin."

Cousin? YOUR COUSIN?

"But she... But you..." I struggle to come up with a remark that doesn't show how absolutely suspicious my mind was the second that I saw another girl around Wonho. "But you don't even look alike!" I sputter.

Wonho laughs again, and releases me.

There's a moment or two of awkward silence where we're trying to ignore the fact that one of us just confessed to the other one that we loved them. We look anywhere but each other and clear our throats.

God, why this all of a sudden? So, I finally manage to nab someone who likes me and the second we find out we like each other we get all wishy washy. I refuse to let that happen.

"So, should we go do something?" I look up at him. My heart beats fast as I realize what I just did. And how nasty it sounded. I get early embarrassment from the rejection that's probably coming after that.

"Did you... did you just ask me out on a date?" Wonho's voice sounds serious, and his face looks it too, but only someone who knows him would detect the slight twinkle of amusement in his eyes.

"God, you know what I mean," I laugh, hitting him in the chest. He's literally just trying to make me all flustered for no reason.

Speaking of flustered, he's latched onto my hand that I used to hit his chest with and holds it squarely in his own.

I feel him looking at me, but I refuse to look up from our hands. He still hasn't answered my question and it's making me slightly nervous.

What if he actually says no because he for real changed his mind after you-

"Hyungwon." I ignore the soft call of my voice, though it makes my heart beat even faster for some reason.

Suddenly, I feel a finger lift up my chin. Wonho's finger rests under my chin, guiding my face to his. For some reason I think back to when Wonho was holding me down on the bed. I gulp.

Wonho brings me in for a hug, and honestly I've never had a hug so good! He's so solid and warm, feeling of strong man and hard work and survival. Not to mention his smell... I'd noticed it before, but this close, my face buried in his neck, he's all I smell. He smells so pure, like freshly fallen rain and cold days in front of the fire. I just want to snuggle all in, and without thinking, I do it.

Wonho, jumps a little bit, probably because my face is cold, but then relaxes. I'm so close, I feel the rumble of his vocal chords when he speaks.

"So what do you want to do, then?" It takes me a minute to realize what he's asking.

I look up at him. "So you accept?" There's a smirk on my face. I shouldn't have been worried about a rejection. He's just Wonho.

Wonho just nods shyly into my hair. I laugh. Only Wonho would be fine in saying a whole hour long speech about how much and why he loves you but would get shy if you mentioned that he agreed to go on a date with you.

I pull back suddenly as a thought crosses my mind.

"Wait, what do we tell Minhyuk and Shownu?" Damn it. I really hate to prove Minhyuk correct, because it seems like he's almost correct.

I sigh and drop my head on his chest. They're never going to let me live any of this down.

"Well," Wonho rubs my back and makes a noise deep in his throat as he thinks.

"Do you want to tell them?" He finally asks.

"Not particularly," I reply. "All Minhyuk will do is mess with me. And I'd rather just be with you. Minus the messing." I freeze. 'I'd rather be with you'? What's wrong with me!? Are you five?

Wonho pulls me tighter. "Wow, does it feel good to hear you say that.." Both his ears and my cheeks are red from blushing.

"But," I contradict. "I don't think it's something that we can keep a secret..."

Wonho nods. "I don't think that I can just keep my hands to myself and never touch you for the next two weeks, anyways."

A smile fills up my whole face. I have a hard time of keeping it under wraps. I can hardly believe it! This beautiful boy likes me! This beautiful boy LOVES me!

And we're going on a date, I think. I can't wait.