2. Love

'I didn't even know when
I lost my heart to you.'

He pointedly opened the door slightly more and I went in. I hardly was able to take in the interiors of the hotel.

Gesturing me to take a seat on the couch, he went on to sit across the table.

All this time, he kept staring at me which made me strangely self conscious. I fidgeted.

"Sam.."I started.

"It's Mr. Clay to you!" He interrupted sharply and I winced.

My spirits took a dive. I barely suppressed a sob. The message was clear.

We weren't close enough to be on first name basis.

It was a mean jab to the heart. I suppressed the rising wave of emotions and reminded myself of the reason I was there.

The school.

*Flashback begins*

Amay leaned back on Sam's chest and stared down at their small village. He loved his village.

It was a small one but it had a few well to do families as well. A few like the Merchants, Sylweths and Wanders even had manors and mansions.

Most of them were scattered on the outer perimeter of the village. They usually kept to themselves and rarely visited the church. So, Amay didn't really know them.

There was a market about an hour's ride ahead from the village and another hour's ride ahead was the town Sam studied in. Amay had only been to the market a few times and he hadn't evn seen the town yet.

He often wondered what school was like. His dad had home schooled him. People reckoned it was due to the fact that he didn't have enough money but Amay knew that it was because his dad loved him too much to part with him.

Sam laid his head on Amay's shoulders and asked him,

"What are you thinking about?"

"I think there should be a school in our village so that people don't have to send their children away from them."

Sam cuddled Amay like a soft toy and kissed his cheek.

Amay yelped.

"We will build one then. You and I, when we have enough money, we will build a school from scratch. It will be huge and you can plant your favourite trees and flowers in it."

"Really?" Amay squealed in delight.

When Sam nodded, Amay turned back to hug him and Samar lost his balance. They fell back on the ground, giggling.

"Ow! You are heavy!" Sam mocked between chuckles.

"I am not!" Amay slapped him lightly and moved to get off him but Sam pulled him back so that Amay's face rested on his chest now.

Amay could hear Sam's heart beating. When Sam's chest rose, Amay would push himself up, trying to match his breathing with Sam's.

"Amay?"

"Hmm?"

"I love you too." Sam said and Amay's heart skipped a beat. No matter how many times Amay heard it, it always made his heart flutter like the first time.

He grinned to himself. He was content lying there, listening to Sam's heart beating. The world could wait.

*Flashback ends*