"That's a desperate plan," be said turning to leave. "Count me in. Did the invitation say anything about guests, Captain?" She shook her head. "Then I guess I'll just have to hold his attention for you. We can make this work, Ahsoka."

"I hope so. Or else this is going to be a very short trip."

-:-:-:-:-:-

After a series of calls, Ahsoka secured three star cruisers and enough pilots to give the plan a chance. She owed Bail Organa a lifetime of favors.

She had snuck aboard the Imperial Shuttle sent to pick Lux up. Her brown cloak concealed her figure, but she had to hope that the spot she'd found in one of the storage containers would keep her hidden until she was loaded on board the Destroyer. Her leg was already cramping from the contorted position she assumed to fit in the container.

Hours passed, and they reached Lothal. Ahsoka could feel the container shift around as it was taken from the ship to what she assumed to be the cargo area.

She lifted the top of the container and peered out at her surroundings. The little amount of light revealed boxes similar to hers stacked in columns lining the walls. There didn't appear to be any stormtroopers near her, so she slid the top off and peeled herself out.

Her back cracked, and her joints ached from being still for so long.

"Ouch," she muttered to herself, stretching out her sore muscles. She would seriously have to stretch when she got back to Onderon.

Ahsoka jumped up into the vents and crawled away from the opening so she wouldn't be seen. It was certainly a tight squeeze, but she could make it work. Then, she signaled on her comm that she was in position. Minutes later, Lux did the same from the conference room.

She had barely started crawling in the direction of the recreational area before she heard the attack alarm system go off.

Perfect timing. The Rebel Alliance had joined the party. Senator Organa and all the rebel cells he could gather were attacking outside, giving her the distraction she needed. She crawled faster, not wanting to miss her opportunity.

Once she reached the empty mess hall, she dropped out of the vents and crept behind a table. It was chaos outside the door inside, which is what she hoped.

She waited until a group of Stormtroopers passed to enter the hallway, using the force to quiet her footsteps.

She let her mind wander as she made dodged groups that passed by. There was something about the ship that felt out of place. There was a sense of familiarity she hadn't sensed in a long time, but she couldn't put her finger on exactly who or what it was.

The ground shook as something outside hit the ship. She picked up her pace. It was imperative that she reached the bridge without being detected.

She rounded the corner and almost ran straight into the main hangar. She pulled herself back immediately, her heart racing.

Without warning, a chill ran up her spine. It was the dark side, and she could sense it coming for her. They knew she was here.

But it wasn't just that. There was something else.

A wave of darkness wash over her. The air around her became heavy as she fell to her knees. For the first time in a long time, she could sense Anakin's presence. Except this time, it was different. It was twisted and broken into something she recognized as a signature of the dark side.

She placed a hand over her heart, trying to catch her breath. It couldn't be true. Anakin couldn't have turned to the dark side! He would never!

But then she heard his voice echo through the hall. It was cold and mechanical, but it was unmistakably Anakin.

"The apprentice lives."

She rose to her feet. "Master?"

A tall, dark figure approached her. She had seen him on some of the Imperial promos that were all over the holonet. His name was Darth Vader. "It was foretold that you would be here. Our long awaited meeting has come at last."

She let her cloak fall off her shoulders to the ground. His mask hid his expression, but she could sense his anger. He had been looking for her. "I'm glad I gave you something to look forward to."

"We need not be adversaries." He took a step closer. "The Emperor will show you mercy if you tell me where the remaining Jedi can be found."

Her composure broke. "There are no Jedi! You ran to the dark side and watched your family tear itself apart. The clones killed them, Anakin. They're dead, and you did nothing to stop it."

"Perhaps your friend will reveal what you will not." The door opened behind him, revealing Lux, gagged and on his knees. A stormtrooper stood behind him, holding a blaster aimed at his head. Lux struggled when he saw her, but she shot him the clearest "calm down" look she could muster.

There was no way she could free him before he was killed because Vader stood between them, and if Vader was going to fight her, she needed to give him her full attention. Stalling, hoping for a solution to reveal itself, was the only option she had.

"I was beginning to think I knew who you were behind that mask, but I was wrong. My master could never be as vile as you. Everything he did was to protect the people he loved. He would never turn his back on them like you have!"

"Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him."

Her heart beat even faster, and her palms began to swear. She'd had enough. "Then I will avenge his death."

He reached for his lightsaber. "Revenge is not the Jedi way."

How funny of him to play that card with her. He knew more than anyone how much it hurt to be exiled from the Jedi and then cast aside by the Republic. She had become so much more than any Jedi could. She had love and the burden that came with being a survivor. She had done so many things without the Jedi that it was time for her to let go of her past and live in the present. Just like the wolf on Lothal had told her to do.

She glanced at Lux. Tears welled up in his eyes, and it broke her. "I'm ready," she said to him. Ready to let go of the Jedi. Ready to let go of her fears. Ready to die, if it came to that.

"You took everything from me once, Vader. My family, my home, my love... I'm not going to let you take it away again." She called her lightsabers to her hands through the force and brandished them in front of her.

"You forget; I'm no Jedi."

A/N: Hoped you liked the little spin on the Malachor scene from Rebels. Now that Vader and Ahsoka have finally met, who is going to win? You'll just have to tune in next time to find out!

See you in the next update!

Also P.S. There are going to be some other familiar faces in the coming chapters that might alter the fate of the galaxy or something I dunno...