[24] The Absence of his Presence

Start from the beginning

When he got tired he leaned back at the small couch placed in the middle of the walk-in closet, his eyes scanning the organized room. A smile creep on his lips with the thought of haruto liking the newly arranged wardrobe. Jeongwoo stood up and left the walk-in closet along with his cleaning materials. His eyes darted at the book shelves at the west side of the room.

"Should i clean the shelves too? Well, i guess so." jeongwoo mumbled to himself, he started to dust off some books and wipe the corners of the wooden shelf.

The korean stop on his track and eyed the biggest book in the shelf, he put down the cleaning material and pulled it. It was beyond imagination, the bookshelf parted into two, revealing an elevator.

"Hold the fvck up, what on earth is this? Am i dreaming?" he blurted out as he rode the elevator. It went smoothly until he heard a light 'Ding!', the sound of the opening elevator.

His mouth hung open, eyes widen in shock and excitement slowly building up on his chest. It feels like he is in another world, its a secret room. No wonder haruto stayed inside his room most of the time— he thought to himself. He slowly wander inside the spacious secret room, it was an arcade room. All kinds of game machine you can see on arcade center was there, claw machines, basketball rings, a karaoke, billiards, and many more. Its a paradise.

"Oh goodness this is heaven!" he shouted in full enthusiasm, jeongwoo started playing the arcade machines, he even sung a few songs of Adele and a korean girl group called Blackpink.

The enthusiasm in his chest is too much to handle, its a wonderful secret room. He wanted to hit haruto for keeping the room to himself. He happily skip around like a 5 year old kid and even sulk when he did not get a toy in the claw machine. Jeongwoo pouted in annoyance and kick the machine.

"Ouch that hurts! Aish!" he exclaimed as he caress his feet. He settled down at the carpeted floor and soon stood up and tried the claw machine again.

He tried until he finally got a pikachu stuff toy. Jeongwoo sat down at the motor cycle attached to the arcade machine. He wants to try the game race but he's too exhausted to do so. The tan-skinned korean slowly stood up and squinted his eyes, he heard an unusual noise. He started to follow the sound, and end up standing in front of a white wooden door. Jeongwoo placed his ears against the door— trying to get a hold of the bustling sound inside.

Jeongwoo knock at the door for three times before he finally called out. "Hello? Is someone inside?"

Then the bustling sound stops, he felt a bunch of goose bumps. His breath hitched, he tried to catch his nervous breath before he knock at the door again. Jeongwoo back away in startlement when he heard a loud thud inside, his hands tremble in panic but something is telling him to keep going.

"Is there someone inside?" jeongwoo whispered to himself. Then it hits him, maybe haruto is hiding something. Its called a secret room for a reason. Jeongwoo deeply inhaled and nervously exhaled as he held the door knob— getting ready to open the door.

"If i were you i would not choose to enter that room." a voice startled jeongwoo, he jumped in surprise and held his chest. His heart beats faster than usual.

"Yoonbin-hyung you startled me." muttered the tan-skinned korean, the squinty eyed guy leaned back at the claw machine with his fingers tucked on the pocket of his hoodie.

"Leave. Now." jeongwoo gulped at the cold stares of the older. He looked down and fiddled with his small fingers.

"T-theres a bustling sound inside." yoonbin stared darkly at him, even darker than the shade of the hoodie he's wearing.