Hope stood, much to the surprise of Kayla "I'd like to help"

~8~

Hope was getting ready for her training with Alaric when Kayla entered to her room without knocking, "Color me surprised, Mikaelson" She laid down on Hope's bed, rolling onto her side, propping herself in her elbow "Didn't peg you as someone who'd go to help others. Specially townies"

Hope shrugged "I want a sneak peek of a normal school"

"You're not missing a lot" Kayla replied, rolling onto her back, staring at the ceiling with a faraway expression

Hope chuckled skeptically "Are you telling me public high school is just like this one?"

"Without the magical attributes, that's it" Kayla pointed out, "They have their own loners over there as well. And mean girls"

"Loners like us?" Hope asked "Mean girls like the twins?"

"We decided to be loners, Hope" Kayla rolled her eyes "You now know why I do it, in a moment of weakness from stupid Landon Kirby that made me say it out loud. But, what's your excuse?"

Hope stayed quiet for a moment, "What are you gonna do here alone?"

"What I do best" Kayla answered

~8~

Kayla was reading one of the books about her father, a scowl in her face. Not for what she read he had done, but for how it was written. Apparently it was his fault he had been born being a siphoner and that his family neglected him for being different. Something she could actually relate.

"Obviously winners write the story" Kayla murmured under her breath annoyed, slamming the book close. "Ridiculous"

Kayla stood, shoving the book to her bag as she walked away from the common room, heading through one of the hallways, only to hear a commotion ahead, curiously and cautiously walking to the noise, only to find several werewolves beating up Rafael, kicking him and stomping all over his shoulders, chest and abdomen

"Seriously?" Kayla murmured under her breath, watching them for a moment, rolling her eyes "Can't believe I'm gonna do this" Kayla looked around, making sure no one was seeing her, reaching out her right hand to touch the wall causing both to glow red as she siphoned magic from the school, raising her left hand into the air with her fingers outstretched "Violence outside guys"

Suddenly, all the wolves assaulting Rafael were stricken with a cripplingly high-pitched sound spell making them double over, covering their ears in pain. Kayla dropped the hand from the wall, stopping herself from siphoning the school magic, slowly closing her hand into a fist, dampening the sound.

"Didn't you hear?" Kayla gave them a look as Josie ran closer from behind her, having heard them screaming in pain "No violence in the hallways"

The wolves looked at Kayla angrily when they recovered. Jed, the Alpha of the pack took that opportunity to kick Rafael one more time before leaving

"To be continued" Jed threatened, giving Kayla a dangerous look.

Kayla gave them a sweet, sarcastic smile.