Lovesick

Budo awakened in the Infirmary. Or, at least that's where he guessed he was, judging by the unmistakable clumsy sounds coming from the room. It was obviously Muja Kina. 

"Ak," he said, sitting up, grabbing his head with his hand. He had a bad headache, and was awfully exhausted. Muja walked over to him.

"Budo! What a surprise to see you here," she said smiling. Budo gave her a face. "Wouldn't you know which students are in your medical room..."

"Oh, of course, silly me," she said, fumbling with her hands. "That Ayano girl brought you here. I think she's outside. She told me to let her know when you'd woken up, but I think you can do that yourself." She hands him something, outstretching her hands to him. "Here. It's your uniform."

Budo takes it and bows his head at her in respect. "Thank you." He shuffles out the door before pulling on his uniform and making sure his red armband was adjusted correctly. 

"Ayano....waited for me?"

The feeling made him light on his feet. "She's still here? It's after school! She could have gone home! I don't want to trouble her....."

It was then that he spotted her. The silhouette of a girl sitting calmly on a bench outside the school, resting her head on her shoulder. Budo's heart flutters. He slowly approaches her.

"A-Ayano?"

She didn't reply, and so Budo walked around the bench to face her. She was fast asleep. 

"Even in sleep, she's so beautiful," Budo told himself, ignoring the light blush that had spread across his cheeks. "I have to get her home, but I don't know where she lives."

He decided that Muja Kina could look in the school records and tell him where. After Muja finally told him the adress, Budo spent a minute trying to get out of her office without seeming rude, because she was rambling on and on about how forgetful she was, and then started talking about some personal matters. Budo slipped out the door and returned to Ayano's side.

"My gorgeous angel,"  he thinks, imagining her glistening charcoal eyes behind her closed eyelids. He hesitates, but then slips his hands under her back and lifts her into his arms bridle style. Budo's eyes instantly relax. He felt safe within her radiant aura, just the two of them, a moment he wished could last forever.

"Hey Budo," a gruff voice sneers from behind him, and his eyes widen. "Whatcha doin' there, hm?" He turns around to face Umeji. Budo stays silent. Osoro was out sick, and so Umeji was filling in as her right hand man in the delinquent gang.

"Look, I'm not one for talk," he says, reaching back to crab his crowbar. "So I'm gonna give it to you straight; you're gonna get hurt today."

Budo knows that Umeji couldn't possibly hurt him. He was a martial arts master, for goodness sake. But he couldn't just throw Ayano on the ground and fight him. He had to protect her.

"Don't worry Ayano. I'll keep you safe, even if it breaks every bone in my body."

He draws her closer to him. "Why are you doing this?"

Umeji smirks. "Simple. Osoro isn't around to give orders here anymore. Since her absence, our reputation as the bad boy delinquents has gone down a bit. To maintain our streak, I'm going to fight you, Masuta."

He raises the crowbar above Budo's head, and he turns Ayano away from him. "As long as you survive, Ayano, I will live forever."

Umeji freezes, dropping the crowbar. He coughs, and drops to his knees. Budo looks down, confused. It was then that he sees the figure standing behind Umeji with her fist outstretched, her eyes narrowed. She looks up at Budo.

"I'm sorry about this," she says, her regal voice echoing against the school walls. Budo smiles at her in thanks, and she gives him a determined look in return. It wasn't Osoro.

It was Megami Saikou.