Where Are You?

Budo scanned the hallway, searching for where Ayano had run off to. He knew the school bell had rung, but it only signified that lunchtime was half way over. He crossed his arms, looking around.

Someone pushed him from behind, and having mastered how to regain his balance, Budo spun around to face Aoi Ryugoku.

"Careful where you step, Masuta. You may be the only martial artist worth talking to, but I cannot allow you to simply stand around daydreaming outside your club room."

Budo put on an annoyed look and shuffled past Aoi. Someone tapped his shoulder, and he turned around reluctantly again. This time, however, it wasn't Aoi.

"Sorry about Aoi. She can be really....well, you know how she can be."

It was Kuroko Kamenaga. She and Budo had been friends since kindergarten. Ever since she joined the Student Counsil, they had drifted apart from each other, but they were always happy to meet up in school. Kuroko adjusted her glasses, fixing her arms behind her back formally. She smiled at Budo, which was something she rarely did to anybody.

"Hey, no worries," Budo said, patting Kuroko on the back. She loosened up a bit and smiled cheerfully, walking side by side with Budo.

"Hey Kuroko, have you seen Ayano?"

"Oh, Ayano? Yeah, I actually just saw her in the Light Music Club. She really needs to stop running down the halls like that, or Akane's going to lose it."

Budo bowed to Kuroko. "Thank you, Kamenaga-san. See you around!"

Kuroko waved to Budo, her cheeks pink like the leaves of the sakura trees. "Until we meet again, Budo-senpai."

Budo dashed down the hallway until he skidded to a stop outside the Light Music Club. He walked inside. "Ayano-chan? Miyuji-chan?" He looked around the club room, puzzled. There was no one there. Budo was disappointed that he didn't find Ayano, but was even more confused why Miyuji wasn't practicing in her club room, something she always did every day. Then, something caught his eye; the fish tank in the corner of the classroom. There was something red, like paint, swiped on the glass in vertical lines. Budo examined the stains, shocked.

Is that...blood?

Budo didn't want to get any closer, so he dashed outside the club room and looked around. Where was Ayano? Was she hurt? Was she running from him? Budo's heart ached at the thought of his precious Ayano fleeing from his sight. How would be find her?

Budo realized where she was. She was in the courtyard, he was sure of it. He clenched his fists as he stormed down the stairs.

She was in the courtyard spying on Taro Yamada.