Chapter 2

Please read my co-creators comic before reading this chapter to understand the order of events: https://lrnightingale.tumblr.com/post/184026184201/to-be-continued-so-do-you 

~

Two days. Thomas was only gone for two days.

Roman had just gotten comfortable living alone. He spent more of his time inside, just reading. He had really no reason to go out. He had plenty of food, he had the book that he now owned and Thomas' rough drafts, plus he really did not want to run into Decarus.

Today, he chose to read outside since the weather was one of those rare fall days where the air was crisp but not cold. Roman was so relaxed that butterflies began to rest on him, almost as if they were reading along with him.

So you can only imagine his reaction when he heard someone scream "RUNAWAY HORSE!" and saw Foster running to him with no Thomas.

Roman held Foster's harness gently as he looked the horse in the eyes, as well as a person could do with a horse "What happened?! Where's my father?!"

The horse let out a whimper and looked down, almost as if he was ashamed of himself.

Roman's panic only grew at Foster's reaction "We have to find him! You have to take me to him! Please!"

The horse nodded, making Roman sigh of relief. Roman ran to the back of the horse and unhooked the wagon attached to Foster. Roman placed his hands on Foster to push himself up and onto his back when he feels the horse's coat is wet and cold. "Oh, what happened...? Stay here boy, I'm going to get my cloak." Roman scooped up his book and ran into the house.

Throwing the book down and onto, Roman ran to the coat hanger and practically ripped his red cloak off of it. He ran into the kitchen and began to place some bread and cheese in a large cloth, Thomas would be angry with him if he left without any sort of preparations.

Just then, a loud banging could be heard at the door. Roman smiled and ran over to it joyfully. He was ready to laugh with his father about falling off of Foster and having walk back to tell him the great news of how his play was greenlighted and they could move immediately.

Instead, when Roman opened the door, he saw Decarus in a yellow and black suit with a small box in his hand.

Roman was beyond frustrated at this point, he had no idea where his father was and Decarus was here to no doubt bother him.

His words reflected this "What do you want?!"

Decarus smirked, "Looks like someone is a great mood."

Roman sighed "I don't have time for this." Roman attempted to close the door on Decarus but he pushed his way through, nearly knocking Roman over in the process.

"Whatever important business you have to attend to, it can wait. I'm here to make a...proposition." Decarus straighten out his jacket and slowly walked towards Roman. "I want you to picture this. A beautiful and large cabin." He was attempting to pin Roman to the back wall. "A fire roasting my latest kill--"

Roman rolled his eyes and raised his hand to silence the man in front of him. "Look Decarus, no one's here right now to watch you be 'perfect and smooth', so just cut the crap and tell me what you want." Roman crossed his arms and tapped his foot impatiently. Every second Roman put up with this meant less time to find his father.

Decarus stopped walking and frowned at Roman "You're no fun."

Roman huffed and pushed past him, opening the door "I don't have time for this, just say whatever you want to say and get out."