Valerie quickly stepped forward, grabbing Kaleb by the arm before pulling him back into the shade.

Valerie growled, her hybrid face beginning to appear as she got ready to lunge at the man. Before she could, both Jed and Hope grabbed her by the arms, pulling her back before she could do something that she would regret later on.

"What you don't got is magic," Burr spoke up with an attitude, "Which is why your daylight ring won't work. And what we have are stakes, wolfsbane... and other things. So I think you should invite us inside."

_____

In Alaric's car, after getting back from the bar, Dorian was forced to be a designated driver to a drunk Alaric and semi-buzzed Ophelia, who was forced to sit in the backseat.

"I know I agreed to resume all my duties back at the school, but being your designated driver was not one of them," Dorian remarked, causing Ophelia to smile and shake her head.

Alaric lightly chuckled, "Just take it easy on the turns," He warned Dorian, "I'm still a little drunk."

"Tell me about it," Ophelia muttered under her breath as she let out a sigh.

"What's going on up there?" Dorian suddenly asked, causing Ophelia to look up to see a large amount of traffic up ahead.

A male cop stood in the middle of the road, holding his hand outwards in a way to tell them to slow down so that he could speak with them. As the car came to a stop, Dorian rolled down the window and the male cop walked over to the driver's side window. He immediately recognized Alaric, causing him to nod his head in the form of a greeting, "Morning, Officer," Alaric greeted the cop, "What's the holdup?"

"Dr. Saltzman," He greeted the headmaster back before looking toward the traffic, "Uh, Wickery Bridge is closed."

"And why's that?" Ophelia asked curiously, leaning forward in her seat to speak with the man.

"Someone blew it up," He informed the three adults, causing Ophelia's eyes to widen as she exchanged a worried look with Dorian and Alaric.

_____

In the Salvatore School, Valerie stood alongside Hope, Josie, Lizzie, and the rest of the school in the main foyer as Burrr, along with the rest of the Triad men, spoke with them, "We're looking for an artifact known as the Chalice of Arimathea," Burr informed the students, pausing for a brief moment as many of the Triad officials begin to pass out papers with the picture of the object printed on it, "We have reason to believe it's part of your school's collection. Now, you know this place a lot better than we do, so the sooner you help us find it, the sooner we'll be gone."

Valerie shifted uncomfortably, exchanging a worried look with Hope before glancing around at the rest of her friends wearing the same exact expression.

"Triad thanks you for your time," Burr concluded his announcement, a large, yet fake smile on his face.

Josie turned her head, looking directly at Valerie, "What do we do?" she mouthed to Valerie, who remained silent, not having the slightest clue on what they were supposed to do next.

___

Later on, Valerie quickly opened the double doors to Alaric's office, allowing Hope, Josie, Lizzie, and herself to enter. Hope immediately rushed over to the phone, attempting to call Ophelia and Alaric. Lizzie shut the door, locking it as well.

Finding out that the phone was not working, Hope sighed dramatically, turning to the rest of the group, "It's dead," She informed the three girls, "We have to find the school cell."