3

Valerie, Lizzie, Josie, and Rafael walked together toward the bleachers on the field where the Salvatore School's own sport called Wickery was being held, "Alyssa Chang made a broom fly in physics last year, but Rick Rodgers fell thirty feet duri...

Valerie, Lizzie, Josie, and Rafael walked together toward the bleachers on the field where the Salvatore School's own sport called Wickery was being held, "Alyssa Chang made a broom fly in physics last year, but Rick Rodgers fell thirty feet during practice, so real-life Quidditch remains an elusive pipe dream." Lizzie explained to Rafael, who honestly didn't seem interested in what she had to say.

"To the point, the school ended up naming it Wickery," Valerie added in, "Mr. Saltzman and Caroline Forbes, Josie and Lizzie's parents, founded the game when they were ten and I was eleven. I'm pretty sure they named it after the bridge and falls here in town." She informed before turning to Lizzie, "You finish the backstory I'm gonna go."

"Wait," Rafael suddenly spoke up, causing Valerie to turn to him, "Where are you going? You're leaving me? I thought you were my tour guide."

Valerie could sense the urgency in Rafael's tone. She felt bad but knew Lizzie wanted alone time with Rafael and she deserved it. Valerie sighed, giving Rafael an apologetic look, "So is Lizzie. She's going to stay with you. I'm gonna go sit with Josie and MG. I'll see you after. Don't worry."

Valerie sent the two teenagers a smile before walking over to Josie and MG, who quickly made room for the girl to sit. Once sitting down, Valerie tucked the stray pieces of hair in her face behind her hear so she could listen in to Lizzie and Rafael's conversation, "I heard what happen to your girlfriend," Lizzie told Rafael in a calm tone, causing the male werewolf to look up at her with a confused expression on his face, clearly confused as to how she knew that, "Oh, I have spies everywhere. I'm nosy in that, like, charming way."

Valerie groaned, placing her face in her hands. The secondhand embarrassment she was feeling at that moment was killing her.

"Thanks, I guess." Rafael awkwardly replied, not knowing what else to say.

"On the plus side, we're all happy to know you're single," Lizzie commented, trying to brighten up the mood, which ended up making things worse. Clearly noticing she was saying the wrong things, Lizzie avoided eye contact with Rafael, "Oh, God. That was my inside voice. I so sorry. Guys like you make me nervous."

Rafael furrowed his eyebrows in confusion as he turned to look at Lizzie, "Guys like me?" He asked confused.

Lizzie smiled awkwardly, "You know, hot, angry..." She trailed off awkwardly, "Damaged."

Rafael clicked his tongue as he turned away from Lizzie, nodding his head, "Yeah. I sort of made a point in my life about keeping clear of girls like you. So I guess I'm gonna go find Landon." He told her before getting up and leaving.

Valerie had a sad look on her face when she saw how let down Lizzie felt. Anger consumed her and Valerie abruptly got up before running after Rafael, "Hey!" Valerie shouted out, following after Rafael, who seemed to be ignoring her, "Hello! Rafael! Can't you hear me or are your ears blocked with stupidity?"