49

In one of the cells in the basement of the Salvatore Boarding School that were used by the werewolves during their full moon transitions, Valerie's dead corpse laid on the cold floor, not moving in the slightest during her temporary death.

Hope sat just outside the cell, her head leaning against the metal bars as she patiently waited for the girl to come back to life, as a newly turned hybrid. Well, tribrid.

Suddenly, Valerie's eyes shot open and she let out a large gasp for breath as she sat up. She looked around, her eyes wide as she became confused for a split second, only to come to a realization of what had happened. She turned her head to look at Hope, who had a guilty look on her face as Valerie watched her closely.

Valerie growled under her breath as she angrily glared at Hope, "I'm going to kill you when I get out of here." She told Hope in a low, threatening tone, thinking in her mind of all the ways she could get vengeance on Hope for turning her into the last thing she wanted to be.

She would have rather died than become part vampire. She didn't want to remain the same age forever. There was no way she was going to let herself go through the transition.

"You can try," Hope replied to Valerie's threat as she stood up, holding a blood bag in one hand and a vial of her blood in the other, "But if two years ago with Henry didn't teach us anything, you're sired to me. But you're lucky I believe in free will."

Hope tossed Valerie a blood bag and the vial of her blood. The blood bag was filled with human blood, which meant Ophelia must have gotten it since she knew you would be craving it. She couldn't go through with the transition without human blood.

"Drink up," Hope demanded in a stern tone.

Valerie stared down at the blood bag and glass vial. It felt as though she was being drawn to it and that was the last thing she wanted.

She snapped herself out of her trance-like state and looked over at Hope, "No," She replied with an attitude.

"I said, drink," Hope demanded once more and as much as Valerie wanted to fight the urge, she found herself unable to.

Valerie crawled over to the vial of blood, drinking the entire dose within seconds. She tossed it to the side before picking up the blood bag. She held the blood bag in her hand for a moment, looking down at it, clearly hesitant to drink her first meal of blood. It was something she would be craving frequently after going through with the transition.

Having no control over herself in the matter, Valerie ripped open the top of the blood bag with her teeth, veins briefly appearing under her eyes at the scent of the blood before disappearing just as they came.

As Valerie got her first taste of blood, she cried out, the metallic liquid touching her tastebuds. Veins appeared under her eyes as she took yet another sip, the blood now tasting anything but metallic. It was a type of taste she felt like she could never get enough of.

Feeling the need to drink it as quick as possible, Valerie squeezed the blood bag tightly, more blood entering her mouth. Within seconds, she downed the entire bag, blood covering her lips and chin. She was always known to be a messy eater, she guessed the same would apply when drinking blood.

Valerie mouthed gaped open in shock as she tossed the empty blood bag to the side, a feeling inside of her as the first blood she had ever drank entered her system.

She stood up from the floor and looked over at Hope, who still had the same guilty look on her face that she had on earlier when she had first woken up from her temporary death.

"I hope you'll forgive me," Hope told Valerie, making sure to word it in a way that the sire bond wouldn't force her to do it.

Even though Hope wanted Valerie to forgive her, she wasn't going to force her to do it with the sire bond. She wanted Valerie to forgive her on her own terms.