1

When we're young, we're taught the distinction between heroes and villains, good and evil, a savior and a lost cause

When we're young, we're taught the distinction between heroes and villains, good and evil, a savior and a lost cause. But what if the only difference was who's telling the story in the first place? What if you happened to be considered in between? Valerie Rose was just that, just like her mother. The people who had raised her happened to have been a long line of villains in the tales of the whole supernatural world; vampires, werewolves, witches, and everything that came in between.

Valerie was just like her adopted mother, the infamous Queen of New Orleans, Ophelia Rose, who happened to be the first tribrid ever created. She was beautiful, talented, unimaginably powerful, and smarter than who resided around her. And just like Ophelia, she was part werewolf and witch, excluding the vampirism part.

After the death of nearly half the Mikaelson family, Hope Mikaelson was sent to the Salvatore School and with her came Valerie, her best friend, and Ophelia, the woman who was like a second mother to her and also the love of her father's life.

The Salvatore Boarding School protected the secrets of people like Valerie and Hope when no one else could and that night, under the light of the full moon, they would be opening their doors to someone new.

"Are you sure this is the place, Valerie?" Alaric asked Valerie, who sat in the back seat of his car, as he parked the car right in front of the church.

"Yes! Yes, I'm sure. I had a vision." Valerie replied annoyed as she opened the car door and got out at the same time Hope and Alaric did.

Hope and Valerie walked toward the front steps of the church while Alaric went to go get his crossbow. A frown appeared on Valerie's lips when she saw a familiar boy sitting on the steps. Recognizing both Hope and Valerie, the boy took out his headphones.

When Hope noticed that her friend was staring at something, she turned her head to see what Valerie was looking at, only to have a smile form on her lips when she saw the boy standing before her, "Landon." She spoke up, breaking the silence between them.

"Hope?" Landon frowned in confusion, clearly not expecting to see Hope ever again.

His frown became even bigger when he turned his head to look at Valerie, "Valerie?" He questioned shocked.

  "So Landon, the old busboy, at the Grill was the same Landon you danced with two years ago?" Valerie whispered to Hope, only to not be able to get an answer when Alaric walked over to them. 

"You three know each other?" Alaric questioned and while Valerie turned to glance at Alaric, Hope kept her eyes locked on Landon.

"Long story," Hope replied quietly, still not taking her eyes off Landon.

Suddenly, the group's attention went toward the church when they heard the boy screaming in agony. Valerie immediately knew it was the screams wolves made when they turned on a full moon. She had oddly gone through that pain since she was about four. Her witch powers had taken control of her when the man who killed her biological mother and father tried to attack her and she ended up impaling him with a stick, which triggered her curse.

  She now had the ability to turn at free will, all thanks to her mother, Ophelia, who searched for black kyanite for nearly a year since it was pretty rare. Just four months prior was when she finally found it and she had gifted the single ring to Valerie.

"Dr. Saltzman," Hope spoke up in a warning tone as she heard the screams.

Landon stood up and turned to face the door, clearly not knowing what was going on. Alaric held his bag of weapons and a crossbow in his hands as he walked over to the door, Valerie following close behind.

He pulled at the handle of the door, only to have it be locked. Alaric turned back to face Hope and Valerie, "The doors are locked," He informed the two girls.

Hope lifted her hands up, ready to chant a spell to unlock it, "Disera P--" She began to say out loud, only to be cut off as Valerie wrapped her hands around the handles of the double doors and pried the doors open with her werewolf strength.

Valerie smiled smugly, turning to face her best friend, who playfully rolled her eyes at her, "Better luck next time, Hope." She commented before turning to Landon, "You're gonna want to stay out here, handsome. This might get ugly, trust me."

Hope glanced at Landon one last time before following Valerie and Alaric into the church. Not listening to Valerie's warning, Landon ended up following the trio right into the church.

When they entered, Valerie had a weird look on her face when she saw a priest holding out a wooden cross in front of Rafael, who was in the middle of shifting into a werewolf for the first time.

"Shut down the exorcist, would you?" Alaric instructed the two girls, who turned to each other, smirking.

"You shut up the priest, I'll take them all down at once," Valerie stated with a sly smirk on her face.

"Silencio! " Hope spoke up loudly, causing the priest' mouth to close up with no way of opening.

"Ad Sonnum," Valerie said quietly as she fixed her eyes on Rafael's parents and also the priest.

Soon after, the three adults dropped to the ground unconscious and Alaric immediately got to work in chaining up Rafael. Rafael screamed out in pain as he began to turn more and more. His nails began to enlarge into claws and Valerie couldn't help but look at him impressed. He was turning quick. Usually, when newly triggered wolves turned for the first time it took hours upon hours. It hadn't even been thirty minutes and Rafael was almost already fully shifted.

Hope and Alaric quickly nailed the chains into the wooden floor of the church while Valerie waited for her cue to put the chains on the wolf, "Valerie. Now's the time," Alaric told Valerie, who quickly caught the chain that was supposed to go around Rafael's neck. Valerie sped over to Rafael, immediately putting on the chain and locking it just in enough time before Rafael was fully turned.

Valerie ended up tripping, falling backward onto her bottom right in front of Rafael's full wolf form. She wasn't scared as the wolf lunged forward. He wouldn't hurt her. She was like him. She was a werewolf. She couldn't say the same for Landon and Alaric though. She didn't know about Hope either, seeing as she was technically part vampire, which was what werewolves mainly targeted as their prey during their shifts on a full moon.

Valerie smiled, staring at Rafael as she stood up from the ground and walked backward until she was standing beside Alaric and Hope. Valerie turned to glance at Landon, who stood a few feet behind the group as he watched the wolf closely, clearly beyond shocked. She smirked slightly, wondering what was yet to come for the boy. She already had the feeling it wasn't going to be a good ending. It never was for the humans involved in the supernatural community.

AN: First chapter of my new book. Hope you like it. Also, I have no clue who the love interest is going to be yet. Might have to wait to watch the upcoming episodes of Legacies to figure it out.