Chapter 24

THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TOOOOOOO
*cues We Are the Champions by Queen*
firestar2006
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT! ^^

Jasper's POV

Elijah and I walked out of the Nurse's office without the Nurse noticing—or even caring—and I just followed his lead.

"We're going to my house, now." Elijah declared, breaking the heavily awkward silence between us.

"But-school-what?!" I questioned, stammering lightly.

Elijah's piercing hazel eyes landed their deadly gaze on me and even though I was an alpha I felt like cowering back; I hated the amount of power and control that stayed in those eyes of his. "Whatever." I murmured while I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

We exited the school without anyone question us which was rather surprising. "I'll follow you in my truck." I said as I hurried to enter my vehicle and get away from Elijah for at least a moment. 'That guy...I'm doing this for Parker.' I calmly told myself as I started my truck and waited for Elijah to back out in his. A heavy sigh came from my lips as I stared at my leather steering wheel, 'Parker, I can feel you closer. I just need you to hold on for me and keep connecting with me. I'm-Elijah and I..we're both going to find you.' I declared to myself. A new determination was rising in me and I had no intention to stop it.

I followed Elijah to his two-story home that looked a little less-developed than my own, but today I decided not to insult him. We walked onto the creaky porch that sounded like it could break at any moment, and then Elijah unlocked the door and led me inside his house.

The minute we had both stepped inside, a rather tall woman came out of no where and smacked Elijah upside his head. "So the school called." She said before landing another snack. "What were you thinking you idiot?! You just got out of therapy! If that nuthouse hears about this they'll send you back." The woman hollered, raining down another smack in the process.

"Ow!! Mama!" Elijah shouted as he rubbed his head.

The woman's eyes glued onto me and I flinched, seeing literal flames erupting in her pupils. Then suddenly, her eyes softened and she grinned at me; it was hard to believe such a pretty smile came from what was such an angry expression.

"Why, how are you? Elijah hasn't brought anyone home since...well since Parker." She said, her smile fading for a split second before then returning.

"Oh...well I'm Jasper. Parker's stepbrother." I said, my head lowering. Whenever someone said Parker's name, it felt like another piece of my heart broke and fell to the pits of my stomach.

"Wow!-wait..then you're the kid this..The woman once again roughly smacked Elijah making him grunt while I snorted, "idiot! Hit today." The woman finished.
"Ow! Mom..." Elijah groaned once more.

"Yeah, but I kinda deserved it you see, I-"

"It's not worth going into. Mom, we're going upstairs for a bit so please....let us just have some privacy." Elijah begged as he grabbed my arm and dragged me up the stairs of their house and into a medium-sized room.

"Don't you run off like that next time!!" The woman shouted from the first floor.

"Lo siento mama" Elijah shouted back, "pero....me importa un comino..." I heard him whisper.

I had no idea what he was saying, I may have passed Spanish two, but the minute summer hit, Spanish who?

"Okay let's get talking." Elijah took a seat on his bed and I sat Indian style on the floor in front of him. "We both want to get Parker back. So, what do you have in mind? You did say you thought you knew of a way to save him right?" Elijah asked, and through his tone alone I could tell he was getting impatient and suspicious even.