Light up like the night

Pheonix's pov

I woke up the next morning with the warm heap of cat on my chest. Jotun was curled up on it and he spun his head around to see me. He licked my nose and I scratched him between the ears. After crying last night he had purred me to sleep.

"Good morning Pheonix." JARVIS said after I sat up. "I see you are up early. Are you feeling okay?" I sighed.

"Yeah, I'm fine Jar. But can you tell me why dad did not want me in the lab?" I asked quietly.

"Yes, he did not want you in there because of all his files and other things... oh master Tony knows you are up and requests you in the lab what would you like to say?" I was only half listening to JARVIS but I just stood up.

"Tell him I will be right down." I said while yawning. I threw on some jean shorts and a white tank top than ran down stairs with Jotun at my heels.

As I reached the bottom of the second staircase I saw my dad working away and when he saw me I saw his lips move. Just then the door opened and the music turned down upon my entrance. "Well good morning sleepy heads." Dad said to me and Jott.

"Why did you want to see me dad?" I asked looking at his work and bits and peices lying around.

"Well your mother went out with her friends so I was wondering if you wanted to do something down here with me." My eyes must have lit up like christmas lights because he laughed and put his things down. "Well? What do you want to do?" I looked around and my eyes stopped on the mark VII.

"I want to make a suit. I realy want one. Please?" I asked giving him a big hug.

"Fine, but if you complain about the heat or the work we are done okay?" I smiled and nodded quickly and I swear if I did it any faster my head would've come off.

We stood in a heated room to get the gold titanium alloy soft enough to shave. We had to do it this way so I could personalize it. It had taken the whole day but we managed to finnish. "You did good. Now what colours do you want it?" My dad asked me as I wiped the sweat from my head. I started playing with colours on the computer before clicking enter but I chose forest green gold and black. My dad shrugged and my suit was painted.

"What do you think Jotun? I think it looks great!" Jotun gave a loud mew in agreement and we laughed for a bit. "Dad?" I asked after the joke went stale.

"Let me guess, you want my to teach you to fly don't you?" He said surprising me.

"Yes Please."I said laughing a bit.

"JARVIS, load up the markVI and The Pheonix I." I guess my suit wasn't the next mark. It was the Pheonix I.

"Yes sir." JARVIS replied and the two suits disappeared. Dad pulled me over to the place where he loads up and I saw a seccond one now.

"Just look forward. And walk evenly. You will be fine." My dad said and we started walking. Before I knew it I was in the suit and heading towards my dad.

"This is awesome!" I added as my target thingy went on to everything.

"Alright. Now put your hands out as if you were putting them on two tables that were right next to you." This was the first step of it all. We practiced untill we were bored and I got everything down pat.

"Can we go for a father daughter flight?" I asked my dad through thr suits microphone.

"Sure. We can go for a bit." My dad said hapily and I hugged him the best I could with the suit on. We powered up and took off side by side going up his runway and out the door.

We launched upwards and hovered for a bit. "How's this for a veiw?" My dad asked through his Mic.

"This is amazing!" I said spinning in a cricle. The city was lighting up as the sun went down and the moon was rising.

"Come on. Your mom is probably looking for you. We should get home." My dad said sounding extreamly tired for once.

"Alright." I groaned and headed back down and into the garage. "Good night dad." I said once I stepped out of the suit.

"Good night Phe." My dad said breifly before heading into his room and I headed into mine.

"Hey Jott! Hows my little tiger doing?" I cooed at the tiger that was waiting at my door. He mewed quietly and we both walked into the large room. "Good night Jotun." I said and than yawned and drifted off to sleep.