New beginings

Tony pov

I walked towards pepper with champagne in hand for us to celebrate the completion of our newly rennovated Malibu house, after it had been damaged by serious gunfire. "Well we should congratulate ourselves with a little treat." I said passing pepper her glass.

"I suppose. But the only big addition was the new guest rooms." Pepper stated and I nodded as she continued, "or is this just one of your reasons to drink the fancy stuff?" I gave pepper a shrug and sat beside her. I turned on the t.v. to watch the news and put my arm on pepper's shoulders.

"We should sit together more often." I joked and made her laugh a bit. I loved the sound of her laugh and her smile was like the brightest star around.

The doorbell rang and interrupted our moment. I walked over to the door and opened it. "Good evening mr, Stark. That will be twenty seven fourty nine." I handed the pizza guy two twenty dollar bills and told him to keep the change. "Here you go sir," he tryed handing the pizzas to me but pepper came to my rescue.

"Thank you.... Tim." She said looking at his name tag and took the pizzas.

"Well thank you for the saving but now its my turn!" I exclaimed jokingly and picked her up off her feet. She almost dropped the pizza when I did. I carried her over to the couch and we sat down and ate pizza for what seemed like centuries.

"JARVIS. Can you turn the t.v. off and turn on the music?" I asked JARVIS and the actions followed immediately. Just when the moment was perfect again the doorbell rang again. I sighed heavily and it rung again "JARVIS, who is it?" I asked and waited for a reply.

"Nobody is there sir. But there is a basket with a note if that helps." The AI had stated with what sounded like intrest and I stood up to check it out.

I walked to the front door and opened it slowly. I looked down at the basket and realized it had something moving in it. It looked like breathing so I picked the basket up and brought it inside. "What is it Tony?" I heard pepper ask intently.

"It came with a note. It says; Dear Mr, Stark," I began reading the neat printing and could tell right away that it was a man's writing. "I would like you to take care of my daughter for me. And not let her know who I am. For you may guess my name but it shall never be right. I have left her un-named for you to call her your own. I am truly sorry for asking such a favour but please, she will be best in your hands. This is for her protection. -Anonymous" who would leave their kid at my doorstep? Who would be able to do this?

"This is amazing..." pepper walked over to the basket and lifted the blanket off of the small baby. "Is it a message from god? Tony you know how hard we have been trying... is this our chance?" Pepper wouldn't take her eyes off the small child. It had obsidion black hair and vibrant green eyes. Could it be? I asked myself No, he is locked away. I answered myself and felt stupid for even thinking that.

"We should keep her." There was a birth certificate with the name portion empty but the last name was filled in to be Stark. "What do you want to call her Pep? Its up to you." I said picking up the baby and holding it with her.

"I want you to name it. It will make it more special to me." Pepper said insisting so I thaught for a bit just starring into its bright green eyes.

Pheonix I wasn't sure what it was but it rang around in my head sent a chill down my spine. The voice that said it sounded like Loki. It couldn't be. "I think Pheonix Stark should be her name. Do you like it?" I asked keeping a straight face and smiled when Pepper looked at me and smiled.

"I love it." She said taking her from me so I could write it down to be official. I heard pepper begin to cry a bit but I knew she wasn't sad. They were tears of joy. Her wish finally came true.