Nobody

;🌫☁️
A blur
Chapter 4: Nobody
—๑—
•Maddie's Pov•
Gym class, I wonder what we are doing today. I stand alone, waiting for the teacher to tell us what sport we're playing.
"Today, we will be playing dodgeball" my teacher shouts.
Oh great, I hate dodgeball.
"Zale and Grazer are the captains"
I bit my lip, I'll be the last person to be chosen.
They take turns choosing people, it comes down to me.
"Max, you can take her"
"Uh, yeah no. Kenzie, take her"
I felt like crying, nobody even wants me on their team.
I stand there awkwardly.
"Alright, I'll take her" Max said.
I then heard him whisper to someone on his team.
"You owe me big time"
I slowly walked over to Max.
"Just because I chose you to be on my team, doesn't mean we're friends"
I nod, of course we aren't. It's me.
Someone then slapped his head, I wasn't paying attention to see who it was.
"Dude, stop being so rude!" Oh, it was Asher.
"Why are you standing up for her, bro?"
"Because she doesn't deserve to be treated like this"
"Aw, does someone have a crush on a nobody?" Max says in a baby voice.
I believe they got into a fight, I heard punching but it was all a blur.
The bell rang, I left in a hurry. This fight is all my fault.
"Maddie, wait!" Asher called out.
I turn around,
"Maddie, are you bleeding?"
"Yeah, it's no biggie" he shrugs.
"We're going to the nurse!" I demand and pull Asher by his hand, as he interlocks our fingers.
"Mads" he says again.
"Yeah?" I say, still walking.
"Don't listen to Max, he's an idiot"
I shake my head "No, he's right. I am a nobody" a tear falls from my eye.
Asher wipes the tear away.
"Asher, why are you being so nice to me? I am a nobody and you're a jock, it makes no sense. Unless..., it was a dare!"
"Maddie, listen to me!" Asher pleads.
Tears fall from my eyes, i shake my head and drop Asher off at the nurse as I call my mom and tell her I want to go home, I wait outside and just tell her I'm not feeling well as she drives off.
•Asher's Pov•
I'm so mad at Max. It all started yesterday.
—Flashback—
I flop on my bed, after a long day of school. I turn on my phone and since I had no plans tonight, I text Maddie to see if she wants to hang. She said yes, I then receive a call from Max.
"Asher, whats up?"
"Not much, you?"
"The boys and I were going to a party tonight. You in?"
"Actually, I have plans tonight"
"Who's the lucky girl?"
"Madison Greene" i smile to myself.
"Woah, she's a goody-goody, I'll give you $100 if you can get her to be your girlfriend"
"Uh.."
"Come on Asher, you've never backed down before. Why start now?"
I sigh "Alright, I'll do it"
"That's my bro. Laters"
"Seeya" I hang up and check the time.
"Shit, I'm late" I say to myself and spray myself with cologne and put gel in my hair.
I look at myself in the mirror "looking good" i wink to myself and run to my car and drive to where i'm meeting Maddie.
—๑—
Maddie was the last person to be chosen in gym class, I felt so bad for her. Especially since Max and Mackenzie started arguing about who was going to take her. I slap Max's head.
"Dude, stop being so rude!"
Why are you standing up for her, bro?"
"Because she doesn't deserve to be treated like this" the anger began to boil inside of me.
"Aw, does someone have a crush on a nobody?" Max says in a baby voice.
That's the final straw, I began to punch Jack, but he punches back. Maddie left and I ran from Max and called her name.
"Maddie, wait!" I called out.
She turns around, "Asher, are you bleeding?"
"Yeah, it's no biggie" i shrug.
"We're going to the nurse!" She demands and pulls me by my hand, as i interlock our fingers.
"Mads" i say again.
"Yeah?" she says, still walking.
"Don't listen to Max, he's an idiot"
She shakes her head "No, he's right. I am a nobody" a tear falls from her eye.
I wipe the tear away.
"Asher, why are you being so nice to me? I am a nobody and you're a jock, it makes no sense. Unless..., it was a dare!"
"Maddie, listen to me!" I plead.
Tears fall from her eyes, she shakes her head and drops me off at the nurses office.