Chapter 36

--Preview--

In the middle of the night,  sense of heat and warmth are surrounded her woke her up. Around her waist, a hand was holding her tight and the hot breath behind was tickling her.

"Teddy?" The morning sleepiness still hit her so her voice comes out hoarse. She tried to turn her body in order to face him but the hand holding her stiffen and he holds her tighten, scared that she might disappear if he distracted even a moment.

Even with her face facing opposite him, Li Na still can felt his erratic emotion behind her back. "Are you okay?" Her soft voice travels through the dark room.

Shen Yun Tian quietly put his chin onto the crook of her neck. Through her skin, she can feel his rapid heartbeat, indicate that there is a lot in his current mind. 

Knowing that he would not answer her, in silence, she put her hand on his hand, patting them gently to calm him.

After a while, finally, Li Na opened her lips, "What's wrong? Are you still angry about before?" 

Shen Yun Tian loosened his embrace at the moment he heard her words and at that moment, through that gap, she quickly turned her body toward him.

After her body is facing him, Li Na raised her head to look at Shen Yun Tian's face. Through the dim light of the bedside lamp, she could faintly discern his look. 

 Though his face is emotionless like usual, the look in his pitch black eyes made Li Na's heart is pounding too fast. It's so deep and full of dangerous thought.

She had once seen him with that kind of state. It was when he decided to kill Ru Feng in her previous life. And that exact look currently bestowed upon her,  giving an illusion of being stared by a predator. 

Li Na shook up and flinched in response but at the moment she evades her eyes, Shen Yun Tian immediately holds her chin up, forcing her to look at him.

Understand her unconscious movement before had just made his eyes become darker, she decisively raised her trembling hand and cupping his face with both her palm, "W-Whats wrong, Teddy? Say something. You made me scared" Her voice cracked a little bit due to building up tension.

Shen Yun Tian blinked. The shaking of her fingers on his cheek woke him from his deep thought. He slowly took her hand from his cheek and placed it on his lips. The touch of her warmth made he closed his eyes and kiss her palm gently, indulging in her touch.

Li Na quietly stares at him. She has a hunched that if she utters a word and disturbs him, it will only made him return back to his dark state.

After feeling contented, slowly Shen Yun Tian opened his eyes and looked straight at her. After seeing that Li Na's vision is full of him, he slowly smiled.

Although its the smile she used to see, somehow she got chills. The smile that used to be full of warmth now felt terribly cold, "Li Na, it's hard for me to control myself. I am afraid that I don't realize what I might do" His emotionless voice is frightening her.

"Teddy, don't be like this. Please" She helplessly said. Its the first time for her to deal with the current Shen Yun Tian and she doesn't know what to do.

Shen Yun Tian caged her into his arm and gently kissed her forehead, "Li Na, I had given you a chance to run away but you didn't take it. So you can never run away from me. Maybe I should just tie you to me? Or crippling you?" 

"Don't say that! I want to stay with you. Believe in me. No one other that you can make me feel like this" As expected, the reason why Shen Yun Tian became like this is because of Ru Feng. 

"Hear me. I will forever love you. Never leave you" To further reassure him, she pulled him and kissed his lips. The kiss was overflowing with sadness, pain, and love. She wants to convey that she wants him, needs him and loves him so it's unneeded for such insecurity. 

-----------------------

You can read the full chapter at inkiit by clicking the link at About Me section on My Profile.

Sorry for a week with no update. Hope you enjoy the latest chapter. Love you \(^v^)/