lil backstory

y/n = your name
y/h/t = your home town
y/h/c = your hair colour
y/e/c = your eye colour
y/b = your birthday

y/ns pov

i was born in y/h/t on the y/b in 2003.

i had no siblings and my parents couldnt care less whether i lived or die.

so that's tonnes of fun.

they were more focused on working and having affairs to deal with me.

every year my parents would find something for me to do all summer just to be away from them.

when I was younger they would send me to my grandparents, then once my grandparents had 'lost the ability' to look after me, they would send me to summer school or - in this case - a summer camp.

my parents weren't exactly rolling in cash. they spent all our money on flashy cars and nice houses. which left nothing for their dearest child, me.

which was fine, by the way.

it made me independent as fuck and I got my own job last year on my 14th birthday.

instead of celebrating and having a party like other kids - my parents went on month long 'business trips' the week before my birthday and I spent the whole day looking for a job.

love that for me.

I got the job and did the paper round for my neighbourhood so I could eat more than baked beans on toast for the whole month.

oh yeah, waking up early is not my thing and I do not recommend the paper round for anyone that sleeps through their alarms or stays up till the early hours of the morning most nights.

but, alas, it was the only job going for kids my age and beggers can't be choosers. so whatever.