sixteen

"Here's how this is going to happen," Seojoon says as we gather in the gym portion of the mansion that we have dedicated to us. Of course we purchased it, and of course, no one knows it's here nor what it's for or who lives here, but it's still dedicated to us. It's our home.

Yoongi and I stand in the center of the ring - a boxing ring we bought and set up just for training - and he stares at me, determined to beat me and take away my title as the most valuable assassin.

"You will fight until one of you taps out," Seojoon takes a long pause. "Or dies."

"It's been a while since you've done this, huh Scar?" Kimoon chimes in from the side of the ring positioned behind me.

"Poor kid," Daehyun chuckles. "He didn't know what hit him."

"What are you guys talking about?" Namjoon asks from the opposite side of the ring, his form standing behind Yoongi.

"About five years ago, another person thought that they were better than Hyuntae," Jaesuk speaks, his voice just loud enough to travel across the ring to be heard by the newbies. "Until Hyuntae slit his throat."

As I stare across the ring at Yoongi, I notice him take a large gulp before steadying his feet and getting into his fighting stance. I, on the other hand, stand as I am and wait for Seojoon to tell us to begin.

"First to tap out or die loses," Seojoon chuckles. "May the best woman win."

A whistle blows and a complete silence falls over the room, barely a single breath to be heard.

I keep my eyes fixated on Yoongi, analyzing his movements to know when he is going to strike. Knowing the little I know about him, he'll put up a fight, but not a good one.

As I stand there, becoming bored with the lack of action happening, Yoongi begins to circle around me, his arms raised to protect his face. I let out a yawn and hear the boys behind me laugh, while the newbies just stare into the ring with blank eyes.

I hear something shift behind me and I turn quickly to see Yoongi lunging at me, his body just close enough for me to grab him and throw him over my shoulder. He lands on the ground with a hard thud and lays there for a moment before standing back up.

I look down at my wrist as if I'm looking at a watch and I turn back to him with a shrug, my petty way of saying I don't have all day.

Yoongi's eyebrows crease and he runs at me with a growl. He's fast, but not faster than me. Before he even knows what hit him, I move my body just a little to the left and he goes flying past me, his body running into the ropes on the other side of the ring.

With one last burst of energy, Yoongi turns back around and runs at me again, his eyes flooded with anger. I chuckle and begin to run towards him, a less angry expression on my face. Our bodies run into each other and, as he's trying to regain his balance, I throw my arm around his neck and hold him there with the tightest grip possible.

With quick movements, I reach down my shirt and grab the knife I placed in between my breasts and flick it open. I press the knife to his neck gently and chuckle.

"Tap out," I say with a growl. "Or die."