'DO YOU NOT FEEL IT'

Lana's eyes were wide open as she stared at the ceiling of her room. She couldn't sleep. She turned to her side and glanced at her watch.

2:00 a.m

But she couldn't bring herself to calm down and sleep.

And she knew that she found the reason quite annoying.

Her father Arthur had called Damien to the gang house last evening, for a meeting.

And Lana had heard his voice boom through the mansion as he screamed at Damien.

He had been blaming Damien for being a highly irresponsible gang leader and for completely abandoning his own responsibility when he should be the one taking initiative.

"NOT VISITING ONCE! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING YOUNG MAN?!" He had screamed.
"SHIFT TO THE GANG HOUSE! TODAY ITSELF?!"

So here he was.

Lana had seen servants moving in trunks in to the room at the end of her corridor.

And she had screamed internally.

Why dad? Why now?

But it was clear to her why. He was seeing and it was pretty evident too, that Lana was stressed working alone. There was too much to do. And very little time to do all of it.

There was business to be administered. People to be looked after. And Maia to find.

But even though she was straining herself, Lana was better working alone than working with Damien. Not after that cafeteria incident just two days ago.

Her mouth felt dry. She turned towards her side table to reach out for the water bottle only to find it empty.

Great! Just great!

She had been in a hurry to be inside her room to avoid the unwanted addition to the house, so she had forgotten to fill her water bottle tonight.

She got up, not able to contain her thirst, and moved out of her room and towards the kitchen.

Recahing downstairs she found the light of the kitchen switched, casting a glow on the floor of the threshold of the kitchen. Lana entered the kitchen to find Henry.

He has been distant since that very day that he had kissed her infront of everyone. And though Lana knew that it was a mistake and that Henry was far from sorry, she didn't like it this way. Even though she didn't feel the same towards him, she wasn't keen on losing a good friend.

"Hey Henry!" She said moving in. Henry jumped a little , not noticing when she had entered.

"Hey Lana." He said softly.

Lana watched as Henry's hands moved on the counter, making something.

"What are you making at this ungodly hour of the day?" She asked him, moving closer to where he stood.

Henry turned to show her a sandwich. Scratching the back of his neck he explained, " I didn't have dinner and stomach just won't stop growling. So I came down to make a sandwich." His cheeks tinged pink.

Lana chuckled and moved closer to pull his cheeks.

She felt him stiffen, his eyes go slightly wide. So she instantly pulled back.

They stood in silence and then Henry spoke up again, "Couldn't sleep?" He asked. He knew her too well by now to know that she wasn't really sleeping now.

"Yeah. I don't think I can now." She said, looking him in the eye. She could see conflict in them. Like he was thinking if he should come forward and embrace her or move further away from her.