2

January 2, 2012; 10:30 a.m.

“This is why I hate formal gatherings. I need to look good and be good in front of people I do not know. Sheesh! Why do I need to suffer this punishment?!” I said as I tossed some of my dresses to my bed. “This is really frustrating!!!”

“Is it really that frustrating to be engaged with me?” a certain familiar man’s voice suddenly emerged out of nowhere. I immediately turned around to check who it was to verify my guess…

And to confirm it, it was really him. My one and only ‘Knight-in-Shining-Armor’ – Klyde. And he was on his way to me.

“I’ve heard that you liked me ever since we were in high school?” Klyde said as he suddenly pushed me to bed. “Is this what you have dreamt of since that day? To be engaged to me? To be married to me?” he said with his most sarcastic voice I've never heard of, ever.

I was surprised by that sudden movement. There was confusion in my eyes – even disbelief. Is this really Klyde? How can he act like this? He’s…the PERFECT GENTLEMAN? Right?

“Excuse me, Young Miss, are you…” Jenny said but was interrupted. I jumped from my bed, pushing Klyde away from me.

Klyde was a gentleman. Or maybe that was… No way! What's happening?!

“Yes, Jenny. I-I-I’ll just get dressed. Would you please a-a-a-accompany our guest d-d-d-downstairs?” I said to Jenny trying to act as if nothing happened though it was really showed in me that something happened. God! She saw it too!

Jenny went to get Klyde’s bag and followed my command, “Yes, Young Miss,” she said, still blushing. “Do you wish for anything else, my Miss?” Jenny continued on, now composed. “No.” I answered abruptly, showing my annoyance and defeat. “As you wish, My Lady,” Jenny answered as she directed Klyde out of my room, bringing his wicked smile with him.

What the hell was that?! “Who does he think he is? The king of the world? It’s as if every girl would die to be with him!” I said as I rummaged through my bag. And then I realized something. I got hold of my diary and I started writing again.

January 2, 2012; 10:52 a.m.

Dear Diary,

Oh God! I wanted to smack him right in his freakin’ face. The whole school knows I really hate that freakin' attitude. God! Forbid me! Sorry for that Diary. But I just can’t stop myself right now. All of the people in our school know that I hate guys who act like that. Ugh! And now, I can’t believe that I've had this crush on him.

 Ever since I was in my 1st year, I’ve looked at Klyde as a good guy – a perfect gentleman. But then, I was really surprised with how he acted a while ago. It’s as if he was a different guy. He’s not like that in school. He’s even nice to me in our P.E. Classes.

Proven by that attitude a while ago, the rumors might really be true.

And now, I have this feeling that I would be living in hell for the rest of my life for I am to marry him.

I should be happy right? I’m getting engaged to the guy whom I have a crush on since high school. But it doesn’t seem really right. Why am I still hesitant? Why?

Love,

Jazz

January 2, 2012; 11:30 a.m.

I walked through the corridor still wondering why I have this uncertainty with me. I can’t stop but wonder why a gentleman like Klyde would act like that. Well, maybe because he doesn’t like me. That’s why he’s pushing me to my limit. Maybe, he wants me to back out from this engagement when he knew it was me. Moreover, he likes Stacy. She has been Klyde’s girlfriend for, what, four years? I let out a sigh before I decided to go down the staircase, still confused.

When I was about to make my step, I heard my dad said, “Klyde, you know well that my daughter is my most precious gem in this world. She means a lot more to me than anything else. I would give up everything just for her happiness.” That was the first time I heard my dad say those kinds of words. It never occurred to me that one day he would say such kind and heartwarming things about me; but to Klyde, of all people!

“Yes. I will, President de la Vega. I promise that…” I interrupted before Klyde could finish his sentence. “Papa, you do not need to worry. Klyde here is a gentleman; a perfect example, that is. He won’t do such thing as DUMPING me,” I said, emphasizing the word ‘dumping’, as I climb down the stairs. “Papa, don’t worry. He wouldn’t accept the engagement if he is not prepared for it,” I continued as I stepped down from the last step.

I could see all of their surprised faces. Is it because of what I said? Do I look like a ghost? Or… I let out a small sigh and then clapped my hands loudly. “Did you happen to see a ghost? It’s as if a ghost had passed and you guys were completely stunned by it,” I said as I made a small giggle. And in that instant, they snapped out of their stunned expressions. What is with these people?

“Oh my precious Jasmine, you look so stunning! I told you, this dress would look good on you,” Mama said as she came rushing towards me with great excitement completely marked on her face.

My mom really loves dressing up. She even makes me her Barbie doll for her dress-up games, though I don’t look like a Barbie, nor as beautiful as she is. “Look how this black dress shows your perfect curve, your perfect slender body!” Mom continued with her eyes full of enthusiasm.

“Ma! You…” I was interrupted, again. Why do people always interrupt me? “You are truly right, Madame de la Vega. Jasmine is an astounding beauty,” Klyde butted in with his unusual angelic smile. “I told you Klyde. My princess is definitely a princess,” Mama answered back with total confidence in her voice.

I glared at him, but still made it to the point that my mom won’t notice it. He was shocked when I did that. It took him about a few seconds to recover, and he then wore his sarcastic smile again; the smile I saw just an hour ago. Why was he shocked? It’s as if he was just telling the truth to my mom. Or was he…

He, then, came closer and whispered to my ear, “I never thought you could carry that kind of dress with you.” Oh God! Who does he think he is?! And just a while ago, I was thinking he was a nice guy and all! “Well thank you. I wanted to impress my fiancé, you know. I don’t want his fans saying that ‘I am just a nobody’ and is not worthy for their idol,” I whispered back to him, giving him an innocent smile (I so expect him to be annoyed).

I was actually wearing a black tight fit shoulder silk cotton mini dress. It has this somewhat Korean and Japanese style that though it is simple, it brings about the sexiness of the wearer, my mom says. Unlike any other girls, I really love wearing black dresses. And I’m so glad my mom doesn’t go against it. She even says I have an elegant choice of color with me. But my mom always pushes me to wear off shoulder ones, backless long gowns, and now, a mini dress. This is the first time I wore a mini dress, for one obvious reason – it is a MINI dress!

Even in school affairs, I wear almost knee-length dresses. Of course, other people would notice me, knowing that I’m the heiress of Cerf Entertainment and the daughter of Madame Cynthia de la Vega, a fashion expert (didn’t I mention that a while ago?). They would go on like, “Why is she wearing that kind of dress?”, “Didn’t her mother told her the new fashion do’s and don’ts nowadays?”, or like “Why can’t she dump that black touch, it’s like not going well with her?”.  But well, I’m just enjoying my freedom. Since from 12 midnight today, I have to act as the heiress and the daughter of Madame de la Vega.

With the mini dress, I was wearing a low cut ankle boot with stylish high heel and zip fastening. Having a crush for almost six years really pays off. Now, I have my own ways on how to piss him. He totally hates girls who give him challenges. That's one of the rumors why he started dating Stacy; she is an easy catch. Stacy's been head over heels for him since like, forever. Well technically, since Klyde signed with C.E. If he wants it this way, then two can play at that game!

I can’t stop letting out a small sigh. Jenny noticed it though. She came a bit closer to me and asked, “Jazz, they’re on their way to the dining. Don’t you want to eat your lunch?” I immediately snapped out of my daydream and hurried to the dining room. “Thanks Jen. For saving me thrice today,” I said to Jen with a smile as I entered the dining room. I am really thankful for having Jen as my best friend.