1

And here I am, writing on my diary again. Actually, I have made five diaries ever since high school. And this is my sixth one. Every year, I tend to change my diary and this marks my new adventure.

January 1, 2012; 11:00 p.m.

Dear Diary,

Midterms is just a few weeks away. And I am so freakin’ nervous! I promised myself that I would pass the first exam of 2012, but now, I’m starting to doubt if I could. I am not in the bottom though, and you know that well Diary, but, I have this bad feeling that I’m gonna mess up my midterm grade. Sheesh! What’s with me?

Anyway, classes will resume on the 7th, and I am to see Klyde again. I’m SOOOOO excited! But then, we both know that his eyes are only on one girl’s façade, and that’s Stacy. *sigh* How can I get myself to compete with Stacy?

Well, I’m going at it again huh? If you could really talk, maybe you have sworn and slapped me by now. Hahahahaha! Well I should be busying myself, tomorrow’s the big day. Mom says she’s really excited for me. But I don’t really like the idea though. Well, we’ll never know unless we try right?

I guess, it’s good night for now.

Good night Diary!

Love,

Jazz

January 2, 2012; 7:30 a.m.

“Good morning Papa! Good morning Mama! How was your sleep?” I said as I jump to hug my mom. “Good my dear. How about you? Did you find it hard to catch some sleep last night?” Mama asked with a grin on her face. “Well, if you were on her situation, you’ll definitely won’t have that good night sleep, right Jazzy?” Grandpa  teased as I go back in preparing breakfast for Mama and Papa.

This is my family. Although we don’t look like an ordinary one, we still strive to have an ordinary Sunday family gathering with us.

“Jenny, where’s the Sunday Prophet? I told you to bring it in every Sunday morning right?” Papa said as he gets his cup and sips his black coffee silently. “I’m sorry Master, but Miss Jasmine said that she badly needs the newspaper for a report of hers and that you won’t need it today. That’s why I took it to the young miss’ room,” Jenny explained nervously as if she was about to get eaten by a lion. I can even feel her trembling though we’re a few feet away.

“How come you believed that kind of foolish reason? Jasmine is on her vacation now. And her school doesn’t give assignments on vacations. Why would she suddenly have a school report?” Papa said as he turns his attention to me. God, he’s at it again! “Jasmine, I told you that it’s important for me to know the status of the stock market, not only locally, but also internationally,” Papa said as he gives me that lecturing look, unfortunately, again. Whew! Now THAT gives me the chills! “Papa! It’s Sunday. You should be resting from your office work and SHOULD BE enjoying some family time with us,” I defended myself.

Papa really is a workaholic type. He’s so into work that he even tends to forget his own birthday. Well, I can’t blame him. This is what he loves. He loves going over board meetings, ordering (in a good way) people, making decisions, and the most – molding people.

“Jazzy my dear, I know you just wanted your Papa to have this family bonding with us, but this, maybe, is going overboard,” Mama said with her pleasing eyes. I placed the remaining cups of coffee on the table and winked at my mom. “Mama, well at least, I won’t be torturing myself in the next few Sundays. I will be marrying the perfect guy and he’ll be taking care of me with his whole life – giving his whole Sundays to me and to me only!” I said as I turned around giving my Grandpa a big smile. This is going to be fun!

“Fine! I get you. I’ll play your game this time little missy, but only this one time,” Papa said raising her hands up like a thief who just got caught. Grandpa suddenly burst into a huge laugh causing Mama to laugh too.

Grandpa and Mama go along really well. Maybe that is why my Grandpa and Grandma loved my mom. She is so charming and bubbly. She tends to face everything with a smile. She’s not only knowledgeable (having her Masters from Harvard) but also, a classic beauty. “The perfect lady for the perfect man” that is what they always say.

Mom was actually the heiress of Cerf Entertainment. But then, she says she doesn’t have that certain calling in her. All she wants to do is to cook, cook, and cook. She’s the head of the Cerf Entertainment’s “Battleground” as they say. Cerf Entertainment is not only known for being the top talent agency in the whole of Asia, but, it had also claimed of the 5th spot in the World’s Best 5-star Restaurant list for 2011. Mama, not only knowledgeable in business (for having her Masters in Business Administration, and now taking her DBA - Doctor of Business Administration) she is also one of the best Chefs in the country.

“What was that laugh for Dad?” Papa glanced at me after looking at Grandpa. Oh my, he’s gonna burst! Hahahahah! “Well, my dear son, maybe you didn’t notice, but you lost one great battle just a few minutes ago,” Grandpa said with his hands still on his stomach.

“Okay, okay. We had enough fun for this morning. We should be getting ready before our guests arrive,” Mama said with her liberal tone of voice. “Jazzy, you should wear that dress that we bought yesterday, that really suits you well,” Mama added with an encouraging smile.

“No way! I am not gonna wear that dress. Not even if the world’s goin’ to end!” I protested as I stomped my way out of the dining room.

Gosh! Why am I in this situation? I’m just 17, and now, they want me to be engaged to a total stranger? What if he’s perfect? What if he’s a celebrity? I don’t care! My life’s not gonna be taken away that easily from me. I said those things a while ago to piss my dad. But they all know that I’m totally against this.

“I thought you liked the idea that you’ll be marrying the ‘perfect guy’ and you’ll be having the next Sundays with him,” Papa said with a teasing smile and a hint of revenge in his voice. I shouldn't have joked about it.

I looked at him straight in the eye and let out a growl. Then stormed into my room not knowing that this day marks the start of my rollercoaster journey…