"Yeah of course," Luke said sounding slightly defeated.

"What time are your games today?" I asked.

"11:30, and 6." I did some mental math, figuring he would call me around 10pm after his second game.

"Well good luck," was all I could manage to say. I really wasn't in a talkative mood.

"So what are you doing?" he asked trying to make conversation, and I will admit I wasn't helping.

"Just in the hospital room with my sister."

"I can tell you're not smiling," he said quickly.

"How so?" I asked wondering how he knew.

"The tone of your voice, i'm slowly figuring you out Parker," he said and I could hear the smile in his voice. "Want to hear a joke?" he asked making me raise my eyebrows.

"Sure," I said with a faint smile tugging on my lips. It was so nice of him trying to do what he could to get me to smile.

"Why did the chicken cross the playground?" he asked,

"Uh," I hesitated, "I don't even know," I said quietly laughing.

"He wanted to get to the other slide!" he said putting emphasis on 'slide.'

I actually laughed and rolled my eyes, "You think you're so clever don't you," I said teasing him. It actually was clever and funny but I wouldn't let him know that.

"I know you're jealous babe," he said through the phone making me smile.

"Totally," I said with a smile still on my face. Damn Lucas Hemmings for knowing how to crack me at my worst times.

"I better go get ready for my next game," Luke said quietly. I frowned not wanting him to leave, but I knew he needed to.

"Alright good luck," I said trying to sound somewhat happy.

"Thanks I love you," he said with sincerity in his voice.

"You too," I said hanging up the phone, feeling awkward that my sister was sitting close to me.

I immediately texted Luke once I hung up, *I love you too, sorry sisters sitting next to me*

Hoping he would understand and not think i'm embarrassed of him.

I love him and I knew that, but I didn't need a lecture from my sister that the possibility of Luke and I being together for the rest of my life was low. I knew that I was bringing my walls down for Luke and my heart was vulnerable. I was willing to take the risk.

If I had to describe the day in one word, it would be boredom. I was either playing games on my phone, or trying to find something interesting to watch on the hospitals TV.

I groaned feeling as if the day was going by too slowly. I pulled out my phone texting both Casey and Ally that today wasn't the best day to come by.

I wanted to see them, but I didn't want them to know my test results when I did. I wanted to be the one to tell them what was happening. I told them that tomorrow evening would probably be better, that was my test results would be in before they got the chance to come see me.

For the remainder of the day, I was drifting in and out of sleep. It was about 6:30 when my dad finally walked into the room, waking me up for good.

He walked over to my bedside, handing me a brown paper bag.

"I brought you some mac and cheese from Noodles and Company," he said with a smile. I was thankful, the hospital's food wasn't necessarily bad, but I was already tired of it. I also smiled because it reminded me of Luke, it was one of the first places we went to eat together.

I shoveled food into my mouth as my dad and sister talked about his day at work.

After eating, I turned on a baseball game thankful that the hospital had some sports channels.

My dad asked me how my first MRI went. I told him that it wasn't terrible, but I didn't want to have to do it again anytime soon.

At about 7:30 the doctor walked in.

"Good your dad is here," she said pulling up an extra chair. I knew immediately she had a lot to say, or else she wouldn't have to sit down.

"Are the results in?" my sister asked making the doctor nod her head.

"After looking at the scans, we found the answers," she said hesitantly, and I could see the mix of emotions on everyone's face.

"Bailey has been experiencing light sensitivity, headaches, vomiting and she's mentioned some mood swings," she said slowly, making me want to yell at her to keep going. I just wanted her to spit it all out.

"We've found that it's all been caused by a brain tumor, and it's been growing for a good amount of time," she said, "i'm sorry."

I never knew just a few sentences could make my world come crashing down in a matter of seconds, shattering me to a million pieces. But that's what was happening.

-

A/N

so that happened...

*DISCLAIMER!*

This story isn't ending any time soon ok so no worries, it's still going to be fluffy and i have so much planned so stay for the ride!

(ps i dont know anything about medical stuff so if im wrong, i am sorry but i am researching and trying my hardest)

don't hurt me :-)