Goodbye

Okay, can we talk about Doctor Who last night! Oh my god, Missy! I don't know if everyone who reads this fanfic watches Doctor Who or not or if you've seen Dark Water or what so I won't say much more. But oh my god it was just-

She nodded.

There, she was staying another night.

"You alright?" He asked her. She slowly nodded to him. He turned to take a sip of water on his night stand and Jenny then reached down to pick up the paper. She stuck it in her jacket pocket.

"Ok, bye." She said goodbye with a smile. She then walked out of the hospital.

Outside she reached into her pocket to retrieve the paper. The pulled it out and flipped it over. It wasn't a piece of paper, it was a picture.

A girl who looked around twelve or thirteen stared back at her. The girl had long brown hair and brown eyes. She sort of looked like Alec.

Jenny then flipped the photo back over. There was a name. Diana.

Alec had a daughter. This surprised Jenny but it made her think. He needed her more.

"She told us and we didn't need the bloody dog!" Ellie yelled over excitedly to Alec that afternoon.

Alec had made it back to the office and was glad that nobody knew about the incident the night before.

"So, tell me what happened." He told Ellie with a slight smile. He was happy to see her so happy.

"She was walking on the beach at about three or four in the morning and she saw Danny's body. She told me that she thought it was beautiful. Her daughter was killed by her husband, long story, and she told me that the reason she thought it was beautiful was because she wondered if her daughter looked like that when she died." Ellie talked really fast. Alec widened his eyes.

"She told me she didn't think she did." Ellie finished and her smile faded.

"So she didn't kill Danny?" He asked.

"Nope." Alec leaned back in his chair.

"Oh, who could it be?" He yelled. Ellie looked at Alec and noticed a hospital bracelet on his wrist.

"Sir, where did you get that?" She pointed to his wrist. He sat up in his chair and looked to where she was pointing.

"Oh, ah, I just went for a check-up this morning. Nothing." He said.

"Ok. So what do we do with Susan?" Ellie asked him.

Alec thought for a moment.

"Release her. She didn't do it and I think that's all we need from her." He said. Ellie nodded and left the room.

Alec rolled up his sleeve when Ellie was out of sight. He bit off his hospital bracelet. He didn't need other people asking questions.

Jenny made her way back to the Traders that evening. She had gone out to a small restaurant for supper and then she went to the beach and walked around for a bit. The waves calmed her.

Just as she was about to open the door to her room her phone bussed in her pocket. She sighed then took out her phone. It was a message from her friend. 'I'm leaving.' It read. Jenny stared down at her phone, eyes widened.

So turned and ran up the stairs and down the street. She couldn't let him leave. She needed him. It wasn't fair to her. Faster and faster she ran.

She came to a small box at the end of the road. She pushed open the door and ran in. There in front of her was her friend.

"I'm sorry." He said. Jenny slowly walked up to him.

"What do you mean you're leaving?" She asked him puzzled. He continued to walk to her. He took both her hands in his.

"I just can't." He said. Jenny quickly pulled her hands from his.

"You can't do this. You can't leave. What am I suppose to do?" She started raising her voice.

"I'll be back in a bit. Whenever I can." He said. He started to walk towards the door of the box. Jenny walked backwards while staring into his eyes.

"How long?" Jenny asked him.

"I don't know." He said. Jenny stepped out of the box. He followed her.

"Ok, Alec will look after you. Help him with the case. You know more than he does. I think he needs you more then he admits." He said to her. Jenny could feel tears coming to her eyes.

"You can't go." She said shaking now.

"I'm sorry." He said. Tears flowed freely now.

"Goodbye." He told her. He stepped back into his box and that was that.

Jenny broke down. She didn't know what to do. What was she suppose to tell Alec? She knew he was paying for her room. The lying would have to stop soon. She couldn't hide it from him.

Off in the distance Alec noticed a figure. It looked like Jenny. He started to walk faster down the road. The closer he got he started to realise that it was Jenny. She was standing there crying.

"Jenny?" He asked her when he got close enough. Jenny's head shot up at the sound of her name. Her eyes were stained red and tears when flowing down her face. Alec ran up to her and wrapped his arms around her. She cried harder.

"What's wrong?" Alec asked her. Jenny snuffled before answering him.

"My friend. He left me." She mumbled.

"Wait, what friend?" He asked her as he stroked her hair softly.

"Just a friend. He meant a lot to me." She said. Alec gently backed away from Jenny but still held on to her arms.