Chapter 34

Nearly everyone cried as they boarded the beloved ship. It was a wonder how she got there, but the Merry was their savior at that very moment. Now the only thing everyone had to focus on, was escaping this place in one piece.

"How did the Merry get here?!" Nami wondered aloud.

"That's not important right now! Give us orders! We need to get outta here!" Zoro grunted.

"Man! That was close!" Luffy gasped as he, Chopper, and Robin were placed onto the ship, thanks to Kokoro. "I thought the warships were gonna kill me!" Luffy exclaimed. He turned over his head. "Hey, Robin! You saved me! Thank you-" He was cut off by a hand growing from the deck to cover his mouth.

"Everyone...Thank you!" Everyone smiled at Robin as she thanked them.

"Don't worry about it!" Luffy laughed.

"Talk nonsense after we get out of here!" Zoro huffed, immediately ruining the mood.

"What do you mean 'nonsense' marimo!!!" Sanji snarled, attacking the swordsman. Chopper jumped in as well, latching onto Zoro's leg with his teeth.

"Shut up! If we die here, everything would have been for nothing!" Zoro spat, blocking Sanji's kicks with his sword.

"Sanji-kun! Go steer the ship please!" Nami called out, Sanji immediately following orders. The marines began preparing to shoot at them with canons, under a swollen-faced Spandam's orders.

"That Spanda bastard! He's still alive?!" Franky cursed. Nami began shouting out orders to move the ship out of there, but it was too late. They were surrounded.

"Fire!" Canons began to shoot.

"Here they come!" Usopp cried out, only to look on in surprise as the canons missed and were shot at the marines behind them. "Huh? Friendly-fire?"

"What's going on?" Y/n questioned, her jaw dropping slightly as she watched the giant gates before her closing, creating strong currents in the water, throwing the marines every which way.

"Whoa! That was more than I expected!" Sanji hummed.

"Sanji?" Y/n turned to look at the cook. He only smiled at her.

"They're not the kind of enemy that we can get away from with just our guts, right?" Y/n let out a huff of amusement at his response.

"Amazing Sanji!!!" Usopp, Luffy, and Chopper exclaimed praise to the cook.

"Don't be too happy!" Zoro called out. "The whirlpools are dangerous for us too!"

"Ah! We're gonna die!" Chopper cried out.

"Shut up! There is no sea that the Merry can't cross!" Nami exclaimed. "Not while we're on it!" As the navigator was studying the currents to find a way out, the marines had begun shooting again. Zoro and Sanji grabbed Luffy, using him as a net to catch the canon balls, bouncing them back with the male's rubber body.

"Are you guys devils?!" Usopp spat, the monster trio only holding up peace signs at their success.

"I see a path to victory!" Nami exclaimed. "Chopper! Hard to port!" She gave orders, the reindeer enthusiastic to follow.

"Let's go!!!" Luffy cheered. From the distance, the crew could hear Spandam shouting, livid at the thought of Robin escaping. Said woman silently lifted her arms, activating her powers.