Chapter 2

Standing at the spring, y/n packed many of her offerings, even grabbing the soaked and soggy crops from her attack. Tying off her sack, she placed it at the edge of the spring, walking towards the poneglyph, still decorated with many flower crowns and leis. She knew it was best to leave, but she wondered if she would end up missing this place. Approaching the stone, y/n brought a hand up, tracing a hand over the calligraphy, closing her eyes as she remembered the first time she read it.

She was still small, having rebirthed only 5 or 6 years ago. Memories from past lives are dormant in the back of her mind, the only memories she is born with being who she was and basic knowledge of her powers. As she turned 6, the memory of poneglyphs and how to read them had emerged. It read about an ancient weapon from the void century, a weapon of mass destruction within the stars. She didn't know about this 'void century', at least, she couldn't recall it yet. It was around that time when she opened her first realm. Everything after that came naturally, most of her memories coming back, yet no memories of the void century.

"You better not be thinking about staying." A voice brought y/n out of her thoughts, a hand automatically placing it's hand upon the hilt of her rapier. Turning around, she saw Din, her torso wrapped in bandages. Bringing her hand away from her weapon, y/n turned back towards the poneglyph.

"I'm not." Y/n replied shortly. Din smiled, approaching the spring's water.

"They are good people." Din added, a small splash sounded as she stepped into the water, turning the girl before her around once she reached her.

"And I am not." Y/n responded, refusing to meet Din's eyes. "I am a criminal just for existing. That's why I must leave." Din brought y/n into a tight hug.

"No. You are leaving because you deserve happiness." At that, y/n couldn't help but hug back. "I'm going to miss you y/n." Din whispered, a sad smile adorning her face. Y/n squeezed the woman a little harder.

"And I you."

-

Approaching their meeting spot, y/n saw that the Straw Hat crew was ready to set sail.

"Alright, let's head out." She nodded firmly.

"You don't need to say goodbye?" Zoro asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I've already done so." She responded, referring to the three new sake bottles in her sack.

"All right! Let's go!" Luffy fist pumped the air. "To the Grand Line!" The rest of the crew followed his lead, heading towards the west beach.

"Hold it right there!" The crew turned around, spotting a bruised marine Commander.

"You can't take her! She's ours to take!" He yelled out.

"Shit. Let's go!" Sanji yelled out, taking the lead towards the ship. Everyone followed suit, running as fast as they could.

"Hey! Stop!" The marine yelled out to them, growling before turning towards the north beach to his own ship.

"He's turning around?" Usopp asked, almost tripping over a rock because his gaze wasn't forward.

"He's headed north! He's meeting up with the other marines, we need to hurry!" Nami informed the group, trying her hardest not to fall while running up the uneven trail.

-

"We made it!" Usopp cheered as he started towards the rope ladder.

"Don't be too happy now, the marines are here." Zoro pointed towards the fleet of ships making their way around the island. Everyone quickly climbed, y/n gratefully accepting Sanji's hand that he held out to her when she neared the rail of the ship.