Chapter 19 Ride

So I made a new cover for BDB! What do you guys think?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬                      

"But I got a war in my mind." 

Chapter 19

“Bring her in.”

I was sitting idly on the plastic chair. My arms were cuffed behind my back, but my ankles were left free.

“You heard him,” Duke told me.

My eyes narrowed at him, expressing clear hatred for even being here. He knows I'm angry at him and still messes with me by telling me what to do. Honestly, I hate it when people do that.

I stood up and walked through the doors of the building, entering Scarpone's office. Duke stayed close behind me.

"Close the door," Scarpone barked.

I didn't even move after Duke came back from closing it. I'm sure the last thing Scarpone would want was for an insubordinate to sit equally with him. No way would the superior sit well that. Especially after what I did.

He sat there as if conflicted, frantic even.

"You know.." He quickly stammered. "I just--agh..."

Indeed he had many ways to tell me off. I think he just didn't know where to start.

"Sir," I said blankly. "I-"

"-Shut your mouth, you cunt."

I stopped taking.

"I thought it was fucking brilliant at first. Make the Kings take you in, and then crush them. It's as we expected from you.”

It wasn’t my idea. It was Callum’s. He saved my life.

"But what the hell happened with Callum Bell?" My breathing spiked at the sound of his name. "I didn't know MERCHANTS sent a sIut to London."

I kept my stare pointed at the wall opposite from me. I couldn't even look at my boss in the eye.

As hard as it was to betray my job, it was even harder to betray my feelings. I love--loved--Callum. I loved him till the last second for both of us.

"Luckily for us we actually have another type of mercenary. Do you know which one that may be?"

"Sir, no Sir."

"The one who does his fucking job!" He slammed his fist into the table. I didn't even flinch.